PLC Tutorials & Simulators: Get Started with Automation

In summary, the conversation is about finding a tutorial and simulator for programmable logic controllers, specifically ladder logic. The person suggests looking for a free emulator from Rockwell Automation and providing links for additional resources. They also mention not being sure if the suggested method works.
jenwaf
Please can anyone help me on programmable logic controller tutorial or even where I can buy both the tutorial and simulator.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Rockwell Automation has a free emulator that you can download, although I haven't checked recently to see if it's still available. Try google search with "ladder logic tutorial" or "ladder logic simulator".

Last edited:
Likes jenwaf
TurtleMeister said:
Rockwell Automation has a free emulator that you can download, although I haven't checked recently to see if it's still available. Try google search with "ladder logic tutorial" or "ladder logic simulator".
Thanks

TurtleMeister said:

@turlemeister still not able to get it. Can give me more link

1. What is a PLC?

A PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) is a digital computer used to control and automate industrial processes. It uses a programmable memory to store and execute instructions, allowing it to monitor and control various inputs and outputs.

2. How do I get started with PLC tutorials?

There are many online resources available for learning about PLCs, including tutorials, videos, and forums. It is recommended to start by learning the basics of ladder logic programming, as this is the most commonly used language for PLCs. You can also look for hands-on workshops or courses offered by technical schools or equipment manufacturers.

3. Do I need any prior knowledge to learn about PLCs?

Some basic knowledge of electrical circuits and programming concepts can be helpful, but it is not necessary to have prior experience with PLCs. Many tutorials and simulators are designed for beginners and can guide you through the learning process.

4. Are there any free PLC simulators available?

Yes, there are several free PLC simulators available online, such as PLC Fiddle, PLC Ladder Simulator, and LogixPro. These simulators allow you to practice programming and testing without the need for physical hardware.

5. Can I use PLC tutorials and simulators for real-life applications?

While PLC tutorials and simulators are a great way to learn and practice, they should not be used for actual industrial automation processes. It is important to have proper training and experience before implementing PLCs in real-world applications to ensure safety and efficiency.