Please America

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
Keep your discovery programs to your selves, we are having to suffer things like, American chopper
gold diggers, storage wars etc etc.
Give us some educational programs please.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Keep your discovery programs to your selves, we are having to suffer things like, American chopper
Hey Woolie!! What, you don't appreciate our fine programming such as Swamp People, My big Redneck Vacation, Bridezillas, Pregnant and dating...

russ_watters
Mentor
How do you know this isn't quality programming if you aren't watching?

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
How dare you ask us to give you educational programming! I'll take my pointless celebrity reality television, child beauty pageants, and pregnant 16 year olds over Mastermind and Mock the Week any day!

In all honesty, at least there's always The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hey Woolie!! What, you don't appreciate our fine programming such as Swamp People, My big Redneck Vacation, Bridezillas, Pregnant and dating...
I live in a small southern town where the local newspaper had a front page story about a local resident who was on one of the various "redneck" programs?

I'm working a new series entitled, "Across the USA with DiracPool and his pet steer" Sure to be a hit

Cancel your television service and all the stupidity goes away.

Well...I guess you can't do anything about the stupidity out in the real world, but at least it won't be broadcasting into your living room.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
You misunderstand. For a huge swath of the American populace, these ARE educational programs. You should check out the stats on the number of Americans who believe in ghosts, alien encounters, and other such crap.

Once the final season of Breaking Bad is done airing this year, I will lose every reason to watch television.

Cancel your television service and all the stupidity goes away.

Well...I guess you can't do anything about the stupidity out in the real world, but at least it won't be broadcasting into your living room.
Sounds good on paper, Eric, but then you'd be worried about all the stupidity you're missing.

Once the final season of Breaking Bad is done airing this year, I will lose every reason to watch television.
You mean the final half season.

You misunderstand. For a huge swath of the American populace, these ARE educational programs. You should check out the stats on the number of Americans who believe in ghosts, alien encounters, and other such crap.
Seems perpetual doesn't? :rofl: a kinda of "reverse education".

Maybe the truth is that tv's & cable are more affordable today then back when...the viewing population were comparatively more "well to do" & presumably more educated.

Are you sure you want American educational TV programs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5LoCLGMdQ

Are you sure you want American educational TV programs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5LoCLGMdQ
Lol, they actually had that same question on the GRE I took......and I got it wrong:confused: