Please ,Can some body help me ?

• Thread starter joori
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with questions related to solid state physics. The questions include determining the Bravais lattice from given primitive basis vectors, calculating densities of different solids, finding the maximum value of the packing ratio for different crystal structures, and sketching planes and directions in a cubic unit cell. The person is advised to follow the procedure in their book and provide additional thoughts or difficulties in order to receive help.
joori
Please ,Can some body help me ??

hello members,

I have some question ... I need some body help me to solve them in solid state physics...

1) Given that the primitive basis vectors of a lattice are a=(a/2)(i+j),b=(a/2)(j+k),and c=(a/2)(k+i),where i,jand k are the usual three unit vectors along cartesian coordinates, what is the Bravais lattice?

2)caculate the densities of the following solids:Al,Fe, Zn,and Si, whose atomic weights are respectively 26.98,55.85,65.37, and28.09.?

3)the packing ratio is defined as the fraction of the total volume of the cell that is filled by atoms. Determine the the maximum value of this ratio for equal sphares located at the points of simple -cubic, body-centered-cubic, and face-centered-cubic crystals??

4) Sketch the following planes and directions in a cubic unit cell:(122),[122],(112),[112]??

Physics news on Phys.org
2) Do you have an equation for this?? Your book should give you the equation and it's just a 'plug in the values' sort of question. Post what you think needs to be known to at least approach this question.

3) Again post your thoughts on this. Can you tell me how many atoms are in a simple cubic, BCC or FCC structure? (This is just one of the variables you need to know).

4) Host an image at http://imageshack.us/ of what you've attempted and let me know your difficulties. Maybe draw them by hand and scan an image onto your computer and host the image or draw an image on your computer and host it.

Start by drawing your axes (x, y and z) and then draw the unit cell on these axis. I'm sure your book tells you the procedure to follow for determining the Miller indices of planes, which will allow you to draw your diagrams.

When you post some additional thoughts I will gladly help you more. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but those are the rules. I understand that some questions you might be completely lost on, but you can at least point out what is stumping you exactly and even some basic concept behind the question.

1. What does "Please, can somebody help me?" mean?

"Please, can somebody help me?" is a request for assistance or support with a specific task or problem. It is a polite way of asking for help from someone else.

2. Who typically asks "Please, can somebody help me?"

Anyone can ask "Please, can somebody help me?" This phrase is commonly used by individuals who are struggling with a task or problem and need assistance from someone else.

3. How do I respond to someone who says "Please, can somebody help me?"

If you are able to offer assistance, you can respond by saying "Yes, I can help you." or "How can I help you?" If you are unable to help, you can politely decline by saying "I'm sorry, I am not able to help you with that."

4. Is it okay to ask for help?

Yes, it is completely okay to ask for help. We all need assistance from others at some point in our lives. Asking for help is a sign of strength and shows that you are willing to learn and grow.

5. How can I find someone to help me?

You can find someone to help you by asking friends, family members, or colleagues. You can also seek help from professionals or experts in the field related to your task or problem. Online communities or forums can also be a great resource for finding assistance.