Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please debunk this video

1. May 19, 2007 #1

Has it been debunked? I need a link!

A friend of mine is a UFO fanatic, and he sent it to me to convert me. I have to admit I'm a little impressed. How was it made?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2007 #2
    Cool video i hadnt seen it before. The initial spheres could be fireballoons or whatever theyr called, they are often released in large groups. The final craft, could perhaps be a hot air balloon or some other kind of decorated balloon. It looks like it accelerates, but its not clear enough.

The thing looks similar to another sighting video some years ago, which was shot from a busy street intersection, somewhere in south america.

If u count the number of ropes in this pic and count the number of lights on the ufo (i think its 12, 13 or 14), see if they match.
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  4. May 19, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did this thing ever do anything that goes beyond the performance envelope of a radio controlled toy?
  5. May 19, 2007 #4
    It looked a lot like the fire lanterns 'Khoom Fay' , with the main UFO being a remote controlled hot air balloon.
  6. May 19, 2007 #5
    Aw! Contess,
    You are not suppose to tell.
    GTB please.
  7. Jun 15, 2007 #6
    If a blurry video has won you over, then I'm not sure you even needed that to "believe."

I do find it interesting how many people taking random videos with their camcorders will spot UFO's, and yet dedicated video feeds never seem to capture much of anything.

The UFO's must be watching all the video feeds and strategically placing themselves in front of people who can't hold their video cameras steady!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?