Explain Force of Thrust Equation: 6N/3.48s

• Thread starter physicnoob101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, the conversation discusses an equation for force of thrust and how to calculate it using momentum. The equation can also be written as the change in momentum over the change in time, resulting in units of Newtons. It is suggested to review previous pages in the textbook for further understanding of the equation.
physicnoob101
Please Explain this?!

hey, ok so i was going tthrough my textbook and following some examples hwne i cam up to this:

Force of Thrust = Ft/ delta T

= 6N / 3.48s

=1.7 N

but it doesn't say what the equation means. can someone please help me and explain what is happeing.

Physics news on Phys.org

A little more information regarding the problem would be helpful. However, how can one divide Newtons by time and wind up with Newtons?

Have you covered momentum yet? I don't remember how to calculate force of thrust without using momentum, so I hope this is helpful to you.

The equation for Force of Thrust I know, is
F(thrust) = ((m * V)2 - (m * V)1) / (t2 - t1)

This can also be written as
F(thrust) = Δp / Δt
Force of thrust = change in momentum / change in time

Which would give you
N = N*s/s
meaning your seconds would cancel to give the correct units.

the doth prevous questins are pretty good. But i don't understand why did u posted a quastion that is already answered.. If you don't understand it just read the 3-4 prevous pages of your book! That is not so difficult (sorry about my english and wrong words sometimes,,, ist because I am writing from my mobile)

Sure, I'd be happy to explain the force of thrust equation for you. This equation is used to calculate the amount of force that is generated by a thrusting force over a certain period of time. In this case, the equation is written as Ft/delta T, where Ft represents the thrusting force and delta T represents the time interval over which the force is applied.

In your example, the thrusting force is given as 6N and the time interval is 3.48 seconds. When we plug these values into the equation, we get a result of 1.7 N, which represents the amount of force generated by the thrust over the given time interval.

To better understand this equation, let's use an example. Imagine you are pushing a box with a force of 6N for 3.48 seconds. The force of thrust equation would tell you that the amount of force generated by your push is 1.7 N. This means that your push was able to generate a force of 1.7 N over the 3.48 second time interval.

This equation is commonly used in physics and engineering to calculate the force generated by various types of thrusting forces, such as rockets, jet engines, or even human muscles. It helps us understand the relationship between force and time, and how much force can be generated over a certain period.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the force of thrust equation better. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Keep up the good work in your studies!

What is the force of thrust equation?

The force of thrust equation is a mathematical representation of the force generated by a propulsion system, such as a rocket or jet engine. It takes into account the mass of the object and the acceleration it experiences over a given time period.

How is the force of thrust equation calculated?

The force of thrust equation is calculated by dividing the force (in newtons) by the time (in seconds). In this case, the force is 6N and the time is 3.48s, so the equation is 6N/3.48s = 1.72 N/s.

What does the force of thrust equation represent?

The force of thrust equation represents the amount of force exerted by a propulsion system over a given amount of time. It is an important factor in determining the overall acceleration and motion of an object.

Why is the force of thrust equation important in science?

The force of thrust equation is important in science because it helps us understand the principles of motion and propulsion. It is used in fields such as aerospace engineering, physics, and mechanics to calculate and predict the movement of objects.

How does the force of thrust equation relate to Newton's laws of motion?

The force of thrust equation is directly related to Newton's second law of motion, which states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. The force of thrust equation helps us quantify the force and acceleration of an object in accordance with this law.