Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please find a solution for me

1. Feb 20, 2006 #1
    Hi everybody! I am facing a problem with a contorl valve (Vee notch ball valve). My process requirement is 10" size valve and i wanted to make it 8" size by creating the pressure drop across valve around 30%.

Does anyone help me to design a pipeline which can creat the pressure drop across the valve around 30% in the inlet pressure. My valve inlet pressure is 0.86 kg/cm2.

If we can creat the pressure drop across the valve at full open condition around 30% then i can reach my requirement with the 8" valve insted of using 10" valve.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

Have you simply tried to find an 8" valve with a higher Cv?
  4. Feb 23, 2006 #3
    Reply: Yaa i have tried with valtek valves which offers higher Cv for V-notch ball valve. My process requirement can accept only v-notch ball valve, as it is a typical control of Paper grammage.

Can we create a pressuredrop by redusing the pipe size at valve inlet and after wards again by increasing the pipe length? Basically i am from instrumentation engineer, i m not much familiar with mechanics.

Please find some solution. I am online full day using yahoo messanger. ramesh_king11 is my yahoo id. if you come online we can chat.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?