1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please find a solution for me

1. Feb 20, 2006 #1
    Hi everybody! I am facing a problem with a contorl valve (Vee notch ball valve). My process requirement is 10" size valve and i wanted to make it 8" size by creating the pressure drop across valve around 30%.

Does anyone help me to design a pipeline which can creat the pressure drop across the valve around 30% in the inlet pressure. My valve inlet pressure is 0.86 kg/cm2.

If we can creat the pressure drop across the valve at full open condition around 30% then i can reach my requirement with the 8" valve insted of using 10" valve.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2006 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Have you simply tried to find an 8" valve with a higher Cv?

4. Feb 23, 2006 #3
    Reply: Yaa i have tried with valtek valves which offers higher Cv for V-notch ball valve. My process requirement can accept only v-notch ball valve, as it is a typical control of Paper grammage.

Can we create a pressuredrop by redusing the pipe size at valve inlet and after wards again by increasing the pipe length? Basically i am from instrumentation engineer, i m not much familiar with mechanics.

Please find some solution. I am online full day using yahoo messanger. ramesh_king11 is my yahoo id. if you come online we can chat.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?