Understanding the Main Assumption of Quantum Physics

• Thread starter mohamed2020
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ignorance
In summary, "Please forgive my ignorance" is a phrase used to express humility and respect towards others when one does not have knowledge or understanding about a certain topic. It can be appropriate to use in a professional setting, but it should be used sparingly and in appropriate situations. People say this phrase to apologize for any mistakes or insensitivity caused by their lack of knowledge. It is not necessary to use this phrase when asking a question, but it can help show sincerity and respect towards the person you are asking. However, if overused or used sarcastically, it can come across as insincere.
mohamed2020
i have a very simple question...what is the main assumption on which quantum physics is built on?... i guess every theory is built on an assumption...so is the assumption that the universe is a total kayos where uncertainty prevails?...please someone tell me?

Physics news on Phys.org
These are http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/quantum/qm.html" .

In general, http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/HFrame.html" is a good place to start for most of your basic physics questions. So you may want to bookmark it.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:

The main assumption of quantum physics is that particles at the subatomic level behave in a probabilistic manner, meaning their exact position and momentum cannot be simultaneously known. This assumption is known as the principle of uncertainty or the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. It states that the more precisely we measure the position of a particle, the less precisely we can measure its momentum, and vice versa.

This assumption is based on experimental evidence and has been consistently supported by numerous experiments. It is not a belief or a philosophical concept, but rather a fundamental principle that has been proven to accurately describe the behavior of particles at the quantum level.

The idea that the universe is chaotic and uncertain is not the main assumption of quantum physics, but rather a consequence of it. The probabilistic nature of particles at the quantum level leads to a world that appears uncertain and unpredictable to us at the macroscopic level. However, this does not mean that the universe is a total chaos. Quantum physics still follows certain rules and laws, and scientists are constantly working to understand and uncover the underlying order within this apparent chaos.

In summary, the main assumption of quantum physics is the principle of uncertainty, which states that the exact position and momentum of particles at the subatomic level cannot be simultaneously known. This assumption has been supported by experimental evidence and continues to be a fundamental concept in understanding the behavior of the quantum world.

1. What does "Please forgive my ignorance" mean?

"Please forgive my ignorance" is a phrase often used to express humility and acknowledge that one may not have knowledge or understanding about a certain topic or situation. It is a way of showing respect and humility towards others.

2. Is using the phrase "Please forgive my ignorance" appropriate in a professional setting?

Yes, using this phrase can be appropriate in a professional setting as it shows humility and a willingness to learn from others. However, it is important to use it sparingly and in appropriate situations.

3. Why do people say "Please forgive my ignorance"?

People say this phrase to apologize for their lack of knowledge or understanding about a certain topic. It is a way of acknowledging that they may have said or done something incorrect or insensitive due to their ignorance.

4. Is it necessary to say "Please forgive my ignorance" when asking a question?

No, it is not necessary to use this phrase when asking a question. However, if you feel that your question may come across as ignorant or insensitive, using this phrase can help show respect and humility towards the person you are asking.

5. Can saying "Please forgive my ignorance" come across as insincere?

Yes, if this phrase is overused or used in a sarcastic manner, it can come across as insincere. It is important to use this phrase genuinely and with sincerity when acknowledging one's lack of knowledge or understanding.