Calculating Rotation and Movement of a Rotating Fan at 0.17m Radius

• Thread starter tjcreamer9
  • Start date
In summary, the rotating fan completes 1200 revolutions per minute and has a point on the tip of a blade at a radius of 0.17 m. (a) The distance the point moves in one revolution is equal to the circumference of the circle it travels on, which is 2πr, or 0.17π m. (b) The speed of the point can be calculated by dividing the distance traveled by the time it takes, which is equal to 1200/60 = 20 revolutions per second. Therefore, the speed of the point is 0.17π * 20 m/s, or approximately 3.39 m/s. (c) The magnitude of its acceleration can be calculated using
tjcreamer9
A rotating fan completes 1200 revolutions every minute. Consider a point on the tip of a blade, at a radius of 0.17 m.
(a) Through what distance does the point move in one revolution?
m
(b) What is the speed of the point?
m/s
(c) What is the magnitude of its acceleration?
m/s2
(d) What is the period of the motion?
s

Physics news on Phys.org
i have converted my units and still don't understand why i keep coming up wit .057 for part d. i need some guidence

tjcreamer9 said:
i have converted my units and still don't understand why i keep coming up wit .057 for part d. i need some guidence

Show us your calculation so we can see what you're doing.

1. How can I get help with a specific problem?

The best way to get help with a specific problem is to provide as much detail as possible about the problem you are facing. This will help others understand the issue and provide more accurate and relevant assistance.

2. Can you help me with my homework or project?

As a scientist, my expertise lies in the field of research and experimentation. I may not have the specific knowledge or resources to assist with homework or projects, but I am happy to provide guidance and advice on where to find information or how to approach a problem.

3. Is there a specific format or structure for asking for help?

While there is no set format for asking for help, it is important to be clear and concise in your request. State the problem or question clearly and provide any relevant background information. Also, be polite and respectful in your language.

4. Can you recommend any resources for finding help?

There are many resources available for finding help, such as online forums, community groups, and professional organizations. You can also reach out to colleagues, mentors, or instructors for assistance. It is important to do your own research and make sure the resources are reputable and reliable.

5. Is it okay to ask for help more than once?

Absolutely! Sometimes a problem may require multiple attempts or different approaches to find a solution. It is completely acceptable to ask for help multiple times, but make sure to provide updates on your progress and any new information you have discovered. This will help others understand your thought process and provide more effective assistance.