Please help a blonde out in physics

• Thread starter divacute2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, an airplane traveling north at 75m/s has an aluminum antenna attached to its wing that extends 15 m from wingtip to wingtip. In a region where Earth's magnetic field has both a vertical component and a northward component, the net magnetic field is at an angle of 55 degrees from horizontal with a magnitude of 6.0x10-5 T. The direction of the magnetic force on electrons in the antenna is indicated to be towards the lower end of the antenna. Using the formula F = qvBsinθ, where q is the charge of an electron, v is the velocity of the electron, B is the magnetic field, and θ is the angle between the velocity and magnetic field,
divacute2
An airplane has an aluminum antenna attached to its wing that extends 15 m from wingtip to wingtip. The plan is traveling north at 75m/s in a region where Earth's magnetic field has both a vertical component and a northward component. The net maginetic field is at an angle of 55 degrees from horizontal and has a magnitude of 6.0x10-5 T.

a) Indicate the direction of the magnetic force on electrons in the antenna

b) Determine the magnitue of the electric field generated in the antenna

c) Determine the potential difference between the ends of the antenna

d) Indicate which end of the antenna is at higher potential

It is the first day we have started this and I am struggling can someone help please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Show work done. Following the forum rules are essential in order to get help here.

From the rules:

NOTE: You MUST show that you have attempted to answer your question in order to receive help. You MUST make use of the homework template, which automatically appears when a new topic is created in the homework help forums.

1. What is the best way to understand physics as a beginner?

The best way to understand physics as a beginner is to start with the fundamentals and build a strong foundation. This can be done by reading introductory textbooks, watching online lectures, and practicing problem-solving exercises.

2. I am struggling with understanding mathematical equations in physics. How can I improve?

Mathematical equations are an important part of physics, and it is common for beginners to struggle with understanding them. To improve, it is important to practice regularly and seek help from tutors or online resources. It may also be helpful to break down the equations step by step and relate them to real-world examples.

3. What are some common misconceptions about physics that I should be aware of?

One common misconception about physics is that it is only for the highly intelligent or gifted individuals. In reality, anyone can understand and excel in physics with dedication and hard work. Another misconception is that physics is only about theoretical concepts, when in fact it has practical applications in everyday life.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

To improve your problem-solving skills in physics, it is important to practice regularly and approach problems with a systematic approach. Break down the problem into smaller parts, use diagrams and visual aids, and always check your work for mistakes. It may also be helpful to discuss problems with peers or seek guidance from a teacher or tutor.

5. Can you recommend any resources or study tips specifically for blondes learning physics?

While hair color does not affect one's ability to learn physics, there are some study tips that may be helpful for anyone struggling with the subject. These include staying organized, studying in a quiet and distraction-free environment, and seeking help when needed. Additionally, utilizing visual aids and real-world examples may be beneficial for visual learners. Online resources such as interactive simulations and video tutorials can also be useful in understanding difficult concepts.