I used a sound sensor in my experiment and hooked it up to the computer and used it to plot a graph of amplitude against time. I then too readings straight off the graph. How would I go by giving a value for the uncertainty in the amplitude?
Related Introductory Physics Homework Help News on Phys.org
If the uncertainty is solely reliant off of the sound sensor, the value you got would be accurate to +1/-1 in the last digit. So if your sensor gave you a value of 1.3, the uncertainty would be 1.3 +/-.1.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving