Please help! Can't think but all dumbed-down

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
your in serious denial!

mikeee said:
your in serious denial!
Huh, How so?

Not all people have the same values as you do bomba. If someone doesn't want to study they have their own reasons. If they are dumb, it's not like they want to be dumb.

You talk about being frustrated with people who don't do any homework, I am one of those teenagers. If I find it pointless, I'd rather spend time enjoying myself by playing games, relaxing etc. You should be able to understand what I'm saying. I have failed PE (it was an elective where there was actually written work and physical exercise), and since I hated PE (I don't know why I chose it, I don't even play sports) I just couldn't be bothered, where's the point in studying? I have also come to failing history and geography, again there was really no point in me studying in those classes. Now that I'm in VCE (not sure what you call it in your country but it's the system where your marks start to count towards you score for your university courses), I've focused more and I'm more motivated.

What I'm trying to say is, if you want to teach people who are motivated, you won't really find any unless you go to teach at a university. I mean, who really is motivated to study at high school? The only driving force to study is when you are interested in the subject or when it matters.

Your best option is to stop tutoring, you're not doing yourself or your students any favour. Stop trying to find kids who are motivated in high school.

Last edited:
Erzeon said:
Stop trying to find kids who are motivated in high school.
Hmm...an interesting point is that motivated students aren't usually the ones who might need aid (i.e., they are motivated and can help themselves to a degree) :blushing:

Then again...:rolleyes:

your making excuses why your tutoring job isn't going so well. When really, you're probably just not ready to tutor.

Actually my tutoring is going well--->for THEM.

Not so well-->FOR ME.

Last edited: