Please HELP Differential Equations

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with a differential equations assignment and offering to pay for a solution. They provide links to the assignment and relevant code. There is also mention of the heat equation and a question about a symbol in one of the equations. The person seeking help asks for clarification on the specific problem the person is facing.
amph1bius
Please HELP! Differential Equations

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I've heard its pretty straightforward given the code on the webpage. (All is needed is that you modify the code)

This is the assignment:

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/~bprotas/MATH4Q03a/hw5.pdf

I'll pay money for the solution if you like that incentive :)

The various snippets can be found at:

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/~bprotas/MATH4Q03a/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
nevermind.

You're lucky you get to take such a fun class. I hope I get to help you.

I see you have the heat equation. That's a fun one. I'm not sure about that first one though. Is that [tex]\Delta[/tex] supposed to be a [tex]\nabla[/tex] or a [tex]\nabla^2[/tex]? If not, you'll have to explain that equation to me.

What exactly is your problem with the assignment? What have you gotten so far?

Last edited:
[tex] \Delta = \nabla^{2} [/tex]

1. What are differential equations?

Differential equations are mathematical equations that describe the relationship between a function and its derivatives. They are used to model many real-world phenomena, such as population growth, chemical reactions, and motion.

2. Why are differential equations important?

Differential equations are important because they allow us to describe and predict how systems change over time. They are used in many fields, including physics, engineering, economics, and biology.

3. How do I solve a differential equation?

There are several methods for solving differential equations, such as separation of variables, integrating factors, and using power series. The method used depends on the type of differential equation and its initial conditions. It is important to have a solid understanding of calculus and algebra to solve differential equations.

4. Can differential equations be solved analytically?

Some differential equations can be solved analytically, meaning an explicit formula for the solution can be found. However, many differential equations do not have analytical solutions and require numerical methods to approximate the solution.

5. How are differential equations used in real life?

Differential equations are used in many real-world applications, such as predicting the spread of diseases, designing bridges and buildings, and optimizing financial investments. They are also used in physics and engineering to model and understand the behavior of systems.