Please help - exam tomorrow(2nd set)

• Thread starter matt4u
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam Set
In summary, the conversation discusses a scenario where a positively charged plate is held 5.0 cm above a negatively charged plate, with a potential difference of 500 MV. A negatively charged object with a mass of 3.00 grams and a total charge of 100 million electrons is placed on the bottom plate. The question is to find the speed of the object at the top, ignoring gravity. The second question pertains to calculating the electric potential in a region of space, given by V = by/(a^2+y^2). The speaker, matt, is seeking help with these problems.
matt4u

Homework Statement

A positively charged plate is help 5.0 cm above a negatively charged plate. The potential difference between the two plates is 500 MV. A negatively charged object of mass 3.00 grams is plaved on the bottom plate. If the object has a total charge of 100 million electrons, what is the speed at the top? (you can ignore gravity)

question 2. The electric potential in a region of space is given by V = by/(a^2+y^2). Calculate E

thanks a lot in advance

matt

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi matt4u! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Show us what you've done, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

1. What should I focus on studying for the exam?

It is important to review all material covered in class and any study guides or notes provided by your instructor. Pay attention to key concepts and definitions, and practice applying them through practice questions or problems.

2. How can I manage my time effectively to prepare for the exam?

Creating a study schedule can help you allocate time for each subject and ensure you have enough time to cover all material before the exam. Prioritize studying the most challenging topics first and take breaks to avoid burnout.

3. What are some effective study techniques?

Some effective study techniques include creating flashcards, summarizing notes, and teaching the material to someone else. Practice tests and quizzes can also help you identify areas where you need to focus more attention.

4. How can I reduce test anxiety?

To reduce test anxiety, try practicing deep breathing exercises or visualization techniques before the exam. Make sure to get enough sleep and eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam. Remember to stay calm and confident in your preparation.

5. What should I do if I feel unprepared for the exam?

If you feel unprepared for the exam, it is important to stay calm and avoid panicking. Go through your notes and study materials one more time, focusing on key concepts and definitions. Remember that it is better to go into the exam with some preparation rather than none at all.