1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please Help Explain

1. Feb 10, 2005 #1
    Please Help Explain....

Can sombody please explain what all the unification theory has to explain to be right. As far as pass theorys (that have to be still be correct according to it), and what forces goes.
    :tongue:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How is this homework ?

And if it is, what effort have you made to answer the (vaguely formed) questions ?

4. Feb 12, 2005 #3
    My teacher assighend this for extra credit and told us to answer the following "By what theories, would a Unification Theory, have to be correct by and why if it is to be proven correct?"

5. Feb 12, 2005 #4
    tell your teacher goes to grammer school
    the question doesn't make any sense to me

6. Feb 12, 2005 #5
    He ment what theories pass and present theories have to be included in a unification theory(a theory to explain all things) and why it is important for them to be included in it

7. Feb 12, 2005 #6
    All theory should FIT IN the unification theory since it is a unification of ALL THEORY

Do you have any idea what are you asking?

8. Feb 12, 2005 #7

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The best translation of whatzzupboy's question I can make out is:

If a Grand Unified Theory were to be proven correct, then with what current physical theories would it have to be consistent, and why?

I still agree with vincent's point that a G.U.T. would have to unify all realms of physics, and so the question is a bit strange.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?