1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help grade 10 physics

1. Jun 21, 2009 #1
    I need help with this question
    when jasmine goes to school, she rides her bike 1.00km[e]
    .70, .80[e]..50. When jack goes to school he rides his bike
    .30km[w] and 1.70km (hint: start from school to home)

a)draw a scale diagram to represent all the inital displacement vectors and resultant displacement vector in their trips to school

b) what distance and do jasmine and jack travel in getting to school

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Welcome to PF.

What is it you are stuck on?

4. Jun 21, 2009 #3
    the question listed above

5. Jun 21, 2009 #4

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

And what good is my making a scale drawing again ...?

6. Jun 21, 2009 #5
    i am having trouble finding a scale for that question and drawing a scale diagram

7. Jun 21, 2009 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Doesn't look like you need more that 2 km in any direction. Maybe choose .25 km per square on regular graph paper?

8. Jun 21, 2009 #7
    When Jasmine goes to school, she rides her bike 1.00 km[e], 0.70km,0.80km[e],0.50. When Jack goes to school on his skate board, he rides his skateboard 0.30km[w] and 1.70km

A) draw a scale diagram, to represent all the inital displacement vector and the resultant displacement vector in their trips to school. (Hint: start at the school and work back to their homes)

B)What distance do Jasmine and Jack travel in getting to school?
    C) when jack is at school, what is his position with respect to his home?
    D) if jack takes 30 min to get to his school, what is his average speed?
    E)what is jacks avg velocity for his trip to school?
    F) when jack is at jasmine's house what is his position with respect to his home?

9. Jun 21, 2009 #8

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I'm guessing that they are asking for both the distance and displacement for their trips?

This link might help you if you are having difficulty distinguishing between the 2.
    http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSCI/PHYS/CLASS/1DKin/U1L1c.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  10. Jun 21, 2009 #9
    thats the question i have done it, but my book doesnt give me answers and i just wanna make sure im doing it right, is there anyway you can help? and i can check and compare answerS?

11. Jun 21, 2009 #10

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Well, then what are your answers?

12. Jun 21, 2009 #11
    give us your answers first please so we canhave an idea if were on the right track or not?

13. Jun 21, 2009 #12

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I'm sorry. You'll have to show your work. The idea here is to help you, if you are stuck on something, not do it for you.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

14. Jun 21, 2009 #13
    I don;t understand what kind of scale to use because o.25 cm as a skale is very confussing.

15. Jun 21, 2009 #14

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Well what scale works best for your paper? I suggested you use .25 km per square given the dimensions you are dealing with. What are the maximum dimensions you need to accommodate?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook