1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help if possible with these dynamics problems

1. Sep 29, 2005 #1
    I'm struggling with these problems from my dynamics class. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for even looking.

1.The winding drum D is drawing in the cable at an accelerated rate of 5 m/s^2. Determine the cable tension if the syspended crate has a mass of 800 kg.

2. The ball has a mass of 30 kg and a speed of v=4m/s at the instant it is at its lowest point theta= 0 degrees. Determine the tension in the cord and the rate at which the ball's speed is decreasing at the instant theta= 20 degrees. Neglect the size of the ball.

picture 2:

3. For a short time, the 250 kg roller coaster is traveling along the spiral track such that its posistion measured from the top of the track has components r= 8m, theta= (0.1t + 0.5) rad, and z= (-0.2t) m, where t is in seconds. Determine the magnitude of the components of force which the track exerts on the car in the r, theta, and z directions at the instant t=2s. Neglect the size of the car.

4. The spool, which has a mass of 2 kg, slides along the smooth horizontal spiral rod, r= 0.4theta m, where theta is in radians. If its angular rate of rotation is constant and equals to theta-dot = 6 rad/s, determine the horizontal tangential force P needed to cause the motion and the horizontal normal force component that the spool exerts on the rod at the instant theta= 45 degrees.

pic 4:
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2005 #2

Homework Helper

I think you'll get more replies if you explain what you've tried and where you are stuck.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?