Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me choose which Petroleum Engineering universities I should apply for?

1. Feb 14, 2010 #1
    I am looking to transfer to a petroleum engineering college. I am not sure which ones I should apply for. So I have a few questions:

Which petroleum engineering universities do the big oil companies like Exxon, Shell, Chevron and BP prioritize their recruiting from?

Also, for example, if I wanted to work in Alaska would it be beneficial for me to go to a petrol engineering university in Alaska? For instance, if I wanted to work in Alaska would it be more likely an oil company hire me for a position in Alaska if I go to Alaska University? Or if I want to work in Texas would it be less likely I get hired for a job in Texas if I go to Alaska university?

Separately, let's say I wanted to work internationally, for example in the Middle east or central Asia which schools or companies should I be looking at?

And also I would prefer doing field work oppose to desk work.
    What can I do now as far as which universities I should apply for in insuring I have a higher likely hood of being recruited for field work?

Which states have a lot of field work opportunities.

Thank you very much to who ever helps to answer my questions. This is a very important time and these decisions are difficult to make if I do not have all the facts.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2
    Re: Please help me choose which Petroleum Engineering universities I should apply for

Answers are in bold as listed above.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook