Can We Actually See Wind?

• Thread starter physicswizz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ignorance
In summary, the conversation is about the concept of wind and how it is perceived by the human eye. The person is questioning why we cannot see wind, even though it is constantly around us and affecting us. They also bring up the idea of science constantly correcting itself and the comparison to religious beliefs. The request is for someone to explain the scientific explanation of wind and provide evidence to support it. However, it is acknowledged that it may be difficult to argue with someone who holds strong religious beliefs. A link is shared to provide a simplified explanation of wind.
physicswizz
Please help me fight ignorance!

I need someone help me develop a witty response to the following status I found on Facebook.

---"i wonder why wind we cannot see. or imagining we can't see wind. we sense that something is there and seeming to be moving. but what? made up labels of made up particles could not explain the invisibility to the naked eye " oh uh our eyes can't see something that SMALL.." but yet its touching us and is basically laying on top of our eyes? if there is thousands of particles moving causing wind, then we would be able to see something like one BIG particle correct? science has been correcting itself for years now making it seem like they were always wrong. are they wrong now? or are they still correcting them selves? people thought hundreds of years ago the christian movement would come to an end a hundred years from their time. but in this time, the movement carries on and will still continue until the end of the world. For Jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever"---

Physics news on Phys.org

I wouldn't know where to begin. What is this person trying to say?

In other words.

"What is this I don't even."

That's part of the battle. What is he even talking about!

Basically I need someone to explain how we know wind is a collection of matter just like any other object in our universe. Also explain the evidence we have to prove all of this.

What is "Please help me fight ignorance"?

"Please help me fight ignorance" is a phrase commonly used to express a desire for knowledge and understanding. It is often used when asking for assistance or clarification on a particular topic.

Why is it important to fight ignorance?

Fighting ignorance is important because it allows us to gain a deeper understanding of the world around us. By challenging our own beliefs and seeking out new information, we can broaden our perspectives and make more informed decisions.

How can I fight ignorance?

There are many ways to fight ignorance, including reading and researching on a variety of topics, engaging in open-minded discussions with others, and being willing to admit when you don't know something. It also involves being critical of information and sources, and fact-checking before accepting something as truth.

What are the consequences of ignoring ignorance?

If we ignore ignorance and continue to hold onto false beliefs or refuse to seek out new information, we risk perpetuating harmful stereotypes, biases, and misinformation. This can lead to misunderstandings, conflicts, and barriers to progress and growth.

How can we encourage others to join the fight against ignorance?

We can encourage others to join the fight against ignorance by being open to learning and willing to have meaningful discussions, sharing reliable information and sources, and promoting critical thinking and fact-checking. We can also lead by example and show others the value and benefits of continuously seeking knowledge and understanding.