Please help me get Metro 2033 to run

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
In summary, the PC game "Metro 2033" crashes seconds after trying to boot it. Some people have found work-arounds, but most people are having technical difficulties.
FishmanGeertz
I bought the PC game "Metro 2033" for roughly $60 from best buy store a few days ago, and it crashes seconds after trying to boot the game.

For a few seconds, it goes into the "4A" games intro, then it crashes back to windows 7 desktop and an error message pops up saying "Metro 2033 executable has stopped working." I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing works.

Some people whom have experienced similar problems say that they have found work-arounds, and ways of getting it the game to work. Apparently many of people are having technical difficulties with this game. I am not alone in this.

Could you please help me out? I feel robbed of $60 because this game is "broken."

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
FishmanGeertz said:
For a few seconds, it goes into the "4A" games intro, then it crashes back to windows 7 desktop and an error message pops up saying "Metro 2033 executable has stopped working." I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing works.

Some people whom have experienced similar problems say that they have found work-arounds, and ways of getting it the game to work. Apparently many of people are having technical difficulties with this game. I am not alone in this.

Have you tried their work arounds?

Bear in mind that any help we provide would be based on Google searches of the problem and copying the info here. Perhaps you could skip the middle man...
Could you please help me out? I feel robbed of $60 because this game is "broken."

Take it back to the shop.

Try right click on the icon -> proporties -> emulate win xp
(not sic)

raam86 said:
Try right click on the icon -> proporties -> emulate win xp
(not sic)

I thought Metro 2033 was only compatible with Vista/W7

I wonder if Metro 2034 will work.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with running Metro 2033 on your PC. I understand your frustration and the feeling of being robbed of your money. I would be happy to provide some suggestions to help you get the game to run.

Firstly, I recommend checking your PC's system requirements to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements to run the game. If your computer does not meet these requirements, it may cause the game to crash or not run at all.

If your computer meets the system requirements, the next step would be to update your graphics card drivers. Outdated drivers can often cause issues with running games. You can usually find the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website.

If updating your drivers does not solve the issue, you can try running the game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game's executable file and select "Properties." Go to the "Compatibility" tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows from the drop-down menu.

If none of these solutions work, it is possible that there may be a problem with the game itself. In this case, I recommend reaching out to the game's developer or publisher for further assistance. They may have a patch or update available to fix any technical issues.

I hope these suggestions help you to get Metro 2033 running on your PC. If you continue to experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance. Best of luck!

1. How do I install Metro 2033 on my computer?

To install Metro 2033 on your computer, you will need to purchase the game either on a physical disc or through a digital download. Once you have the game, follow the installation instructions provided by the game's publisher or installer.

2. Why won't Metro 2033 run on my computer?

There could be several reasons why Metro 2033 is not running on your computer. It could be due to a lack of system requirements, compatibility issues, or technical glitches. It is recommended to check the game's system requirements and make sure your computer meets them before attempting to run the game.

3. How do I fix technical issues with Metro 2033?

If you are experiencing technical issues with Metro 2033, try updating your graphics card drivers, verifying the game files, and making sure you have the latest updates for your operating system. If the issues persist, you may need to seek help from the game's support team.

4. Can I run Metro 2033 on a Mac computer?

Metro 2033 is not officially supported on Mac computers. However, there are ways to run the game on a Mac using virtualization or Boot Camp. Keep in mind that these methods may not provide optimal performance and could potentially cause technical issues.

5. How do I improve the performance of Metro 2033 on my computer?

To improve the performance of Metro 2033 on your computer, you can try lowering the graphics settings, closing any unnecessary background programs, and making sure your computer meets the recommended system requirements. You can also try updating your graphics card drivers and allocating more resources to the game in your computer's settings.