Discover the Answers to These Light and Electromagnetic Wave Questions!

• Thread starter namvip6666
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary: If the questioner wants a complete solution, then it is appropriate to provide one accompanied by hints and/or asking questions that might lead the questioner in the correct direction. So, in summary, it is against the forum rules to simply ask for a solution to a homework problem without showing any effort or attempt at solving it. Please review the rules carefully before posting any further questions. In short, we are here to help you learn, not to just give you the answers.
namvip6666
Please! Help me.. I'm student.

Homework Statement

1. A light ray reflected from a flat mirror moves through an angle of 143* as the mirror is rotated. Through **what angle was the mirror rotated?

2. The speed of light in a material is 0,57c. what is the critical angle of a light ray at the interface between the material and a vacuum?

3.The electric field of plane electro magnetic wave is E=240V/m. At the same instant of time the magnetic field is...?

Physics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi namvip6666! welcome to pf! :wink:

show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

tiny-tim said:
hi namvip6666! welcome to pf! :wink:

show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

Can you solve for me all of them. I don't kno*w how to do it.

namvip6666 said:
Can you solve for me all of them. I don't kno*w how to do it.

That's not how this forum works. Read the forum rules and post the problem in the proper format, as tiny-tim said to. Once you've shown what you DO understand and what you DON'T understand, then we can help with what you don't understand.

We're NOT here to solve your problems, we're here to help you learn how to THINK about your problem so you can solve it yourself.

phinds said:
That's not how this forum works. Read the forum rules and post the problem in the proper format, as tiny-tim said to. Once you've shown what you DO understand and what you DON'T understand, then we can help with what you don't understand.

We're NOT here to solve your problems, we're here to help you learn how to THINK about your problem so you can solve it yourself.

So, can you tell me the formula to calculate it?

namvip6666 said:

Read the forum rules and post the problem in the proper format as I said in the first place

namvip6666 said:

no, namvip6666, if you're going to learn, you tell us the formulas

1 is about reflection of light, 2 is about refraction of light, 3 is about E and B of a plane wave …

tell us what equations you know about these three situations …

if you don't know any, go back to your lecture notes or your book, and find some :smile:
Please! Help me.. I'm student.

so study! :wink:

Namvip6666, if you seek help here on the physics forums in your homework, you need to show some of your attempts at the solution. If you just come here and plead that "i am a student, please help", "Please give me the solution to it" no one is going to help you. Moreover you should first check the rules before asking help in Homework section.

Greg Bernhardt said:
On posting questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted in the appropriate forum in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical forums. This should be done whether the problem is part of one's assigned coursework or just independent study. The reason for this is that the scientific and mathematical sections of Physics Forums are to be reserved for discussions and not academic assistance. Since graduate level assignments are meant to be more thought provoking (and hence more worthy of discussion), graduate level questions will be allowed in the relevant part of the main section of PF, provided that the graduate student attempts the problem and shows his work.

NOTE: You MUST show that you have attempted to answer your question in order to receive help. You MUST make use of the homework template, which automatically appears when a new topic is created in the homework help forums. Once your question or problem has been responded to, do not go back and delete (or edit) your original post.

We do not support cheating in any form: Do not ask for solution manuals, answers to exams, or instructor's manuals. Every school and instructor has their own policies or honor codes on what constitutes cheating, and it is up to the individual student to adhere to those policies when seeking help here. If you are in doubt as to whether you are permitted to seek help, consider erring on the side of caution and not asking for help.

On helping with questions: Any and all assistance given to homework assignments or textbook style exercises should be given only after the questioner has shown some effort in solving the problem. If no attempt is made then the questioner should be asked to provide one before any assistance is given. Under no circumstances should complete solutions be provided to a questioner, whether or not an attempt has been made.

What type of help do you need as a student?

As a student, I may need help with various tasks such as understanding difficult concepts, completing assignments, managing my time effectively, and preparing for exams.

How can I best support a student in need of help?

The best way to support a student in need of help is to listen to their concerns, offer guidance and resources, and encourage them to seek help from teachers or professionals if needed.

What resources are available for students who need help?

There are many resources available for students who need help, including tutors, academic advisors, counseling services, study groups, and online resources such as educational websites and forums.

What should I do if I am struggling as a student and need help?

If you are struggling as a student, it is important to reach out for help. Talk to your teachers, seek support from your peers, and utilize available resources to help you understand the material and improve your academic performance.

Is it okay to ask for help as a student?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help as a student. Seeking help shows that you are determined to succeed and are willing to take the necessary steps to improve your understanding and performance in your studies.