1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me ly - D-Type Latch problem

1. May 8, 2006 #1
    Please help me urgently - D-Type Latch problem

Hi all,

I have just descovered this wonderful forum and am hoping you can save my degree! I have to have this problem finished in a matter of hours and just can't figure out the schematics/truth tables. Please please please take the time to help in any way with any part if you can - it shouldn't be too hard for some of you experts and I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Here are the tasks:

Design 1
    Design a 4-bit BCD counter that counts from 0 to 9. After 9 the counter should cycle through the same sequence again.

Design 2
    Design a 4-bit binary counter which counts in binary from 0 to 15 then cycles through the same sequence again.

Design 3
    Design a 4-bit BCD counter that has a direction input (which determines the direction of the count). If direction = 0 the counter should count down, alternatively if direction = 1 then the counter counts up. The input may change at any time and the count must change appropriately at the next clock edge.

Design 4
    Design a 4-bit binary counter that has a direction input (which determines the direction of the count). If direction = 0 the counter should count down, alternatively if direction = 1 then the counter counts up. The input may change at any time and the count must change appropriately at the next clock edge.

2. jcsd
  3. May 8, 2006 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

olimain : please read the sticky thread at the top of this subforum, or the forum guidelines that you agreed to before entering (see my signature).

4. May 8, 2006 #3
    Thanks, and I do know I should have posted this well in advance, however I have only just come across this website and hoped I may get lucky.

Apologies.

O

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?