Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me to make Finate State Machine

1. Nov 4, 2007 #1
    I have alphabeth {000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111}
    There is a langugage L. Strings that belong in this langugage only when 1-st bitrow + 2nd bitrow = 3-rd bitrow
    For example: a 3 letter word "001100110" belongs in the language cause if to look them in rows:

011 + 001 = 100

Even one letter word "000" belongs in the language cause:

0 + 0 = 0

I hope u get the picture. PS! Language L contains 1 to million (or more) letter words. How do I do a Finate State Machine wich accepts strings that belong in the langugage? My teacher said it not that hard but i just dont know how to start...Please help!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2007 #2

daniel_i_l

Gold Member

I don't see what a FSM has anything to do with this. Lets say you want to check if string A is in the language. Just subtract each letter in the alphabet from A and see if you get another letter.

4. Nov 5, 2007 #3
    Can u expalin more detailed? I dont know, my assaingment says i have to pruve that this langugage is regular by makeing a FSM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?