me with aerospace engineering major Decision

In summary, the conversation discusses the requirements for studying aerospace engineering, specifically the need for AP courses in high school. The speaker mentions that they are a senior year student and they are interested in pursuing this major. However, they live in Turkey where there are only two options for high school - scientific or literature fields - and there are no AP classes available. They express concern about the complexity of the major, but the other person encourages them to pursue it if they truly enjoy it, as there will be complex concepts in any major regardless of AP courses.
SeleneS
Hello,I am a senior year student and my intention is to study aerospace engineering.I saw on the internet that some AP courses were required in high school but I live in Turkey and we have two options in high schools either scientific or litterature fields and there is no option of taking AP classes.So I wonder if aero will be a too much complex major. For example according to our programme we learn about integrals in the senior year.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you truly desire to major in aerospace go for it. AP or no AP, there are going to be some complex "things" in any major. If you truly enjoy it, studying and understanding it shouldn't be an issue.

1. What is aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and construction of aircraft and spacecraft. It combines principles from mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering to create systems that can operate in the Earth's atmosphere and beyond.

2. What skills do I need to have for a major in aerospace engineering?

Some important skills for a major in aerospace engineering include a strong background in math and physics, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team. It is also helpful to have some knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) and programming languages.

3. What career opportunities are available with a degree in aerospace engineering?

Graduates with a degree in aerospace engineering can pursue a variety of careers in the aerospace industry, including roles in aircraft and spacecraft design, manufacturing, testing, and maintenance. They can also work in research and development, government agencies, and the military.

4. What are some challenges I may face in pursuing a major in aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering is a challenging field, and students may face difficulties in understanding complex concepts, managing heavy workloads, and meeting tight deadlines. It is also a highly competitive field, so students should be prepared to work hard and continuously improve their skills.

5. What are some important considerations to keep in mind when choosing a major in aerospace engineering?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a major in aerospace engineering include your interests, strengths, and career goals. It is also important to research different programs and consider factors such as curriculum, faculty, facilities, and job placement opportunities. Additionally, consider the cost and location of the program and whether it aligns with your personal and financial needs.