Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please Help Me With MS Math 2007

1. Feb 3, 2009 #1
    Hello guys im doing sport and im doing school trow Internet and i don't have much time to study and the language im studding is Catalan,they talk it in spain in Barcelona and cities near it and i dont speak it really well,how ever,im using ms math so i can help my self :O
    I have problem typing this inside i have no idea how to type it... :uhh:
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2009 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Not certain if this would help, but you can look at the code by left-clicking on this. I was not absolutely sure how to find the brace with which to show a list of equations; I could only find simple left or right brace in the tex tool of the forum.

To see some code, try clicking on this:
    [itex] f(x)=\begin{cases} 2x+c&x < -5\\ 3x^2&-5 \leq x < 0\\ cx^2&0 \leq x\\\end{cases} [/itex]

The tags may need to be 'tex' instead of 'latex' .

[tex] f(x)=\begin{cases} 2x+c&x < -5\\ 3x^2&-5 \leq x < 0\\ cx^2&0 \leq x\\\end{cases} [/tex]

4. Feb 3, 2009 #3
    Hey man thanks for the reply but i dont get it really well... ;/ can you please put example of the expression of the one i got on the picture so i can get it thanks ! :D

5. Feb 3, 2009 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Could you instead open the LaTex reference guide? To open it, do this:
    Left-Click on one of those lists of the equations I posted. A small window showing code will be displayed. Look in the bottom of that window for the LaTeX Code Reference link. This will display the LaTeX Reference Guide. Still, I'm not aware of how to give the larger right-hand brace; only the left-hand brace according to both the Code Refernce Link and the LaTex Reference Guide. Either of those will show you code to accomplish basically what you want.

Tell us if you have trouble opening those windows; but you should at least have no difficulty in opening both of those windows. First the Latex Code Source window (by clicking on the text image of the listed equations) and then on the LaTeX Code Reference Guide (which is a pdf file).

6. Feb 3, 2009 #5

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Let me try something; I'm not usually good at this, but this attempt comes directly from the Code Reference pdf file:

f(x)=\left\{\begin{array}{cc}0,&\mbox{ if }
    x\leq 0\\1, & \mbox{ if } x>0\end{array}\right

That was without the tags.

With the [ t e x ] tags, it is:
    [tex] f(x)=\left\{\begin{array}{cc}0,&\mbox{ if }
    x\leq 0\\1, & \mbox{ if } x>0\end{array}\right[/tex]

7. Feb 5, 2009 #6
    Hey man thanks for reply but i found more ease way !!!! click tools-->Equation Solver(Thenk on the drop box) Solve 2 Equations!!!
    :)))

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?