me with my (ThermoFluid Project)

• Thread starter uaeXuae
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary: the effect of varying temperatures on the specific heats should be taken into consideration when designing your heat exchanger.
uaeXuae
Problem Statement​

A GT power station has a peak demand on electrical power of 190 MW. The Turbine-Generator conversion efficiency is 95 percent. A heat recovery Heat Exchanger is to be installed to recover some of the heat from the exhaust gases, before they are purged to the atmosphere. The fuel used is Natural Gas with a heating value of about 47 MJ/kg. Be aware that 40% excess air is to be introduced to the combustion chamber. Moreover, the stoichiometric Air/Fuel ratio (on mass basis) for this fuel is about 17.

TASKS:
1. Decide the components that you want to include in your system; (just simple cycle or with regeneration; justify your selection based on quantitative results).
2. Decide the maximum operating temperature; your judgment should be justified.
3. Investigate the performance (thermal efficiency of the system under different compression ratios and the fuel flow rate) under different compression ratio conditions.
4. Make necessary sizing analysis for the regenerator (in case you decided to include a regenerator). Choose a counter flow heat exchanger type for the regenerator.
5. Make necessary sizing analysis for the Heat recovery heat exchanger; choose it to be of the compact-cross flow type heat exchanger with fins on the tubes from the outer side (the hot side of the hot exhaust gases). This Heat Recovery Heat Exchanger is to be installed at the base of the exhaust chimney.

6. Determine the destructed Exergy of the system at different compression ratio conditions.

7. Your final selection of the optimum operating conditions should not only be based on efficiency, but exergy analysis, as well.

8. The final sizing of the designed Heat Exchangers should be based on the operating conditions of the optimum operation selected in item 7 above.

NOTES:
• for simplicity, you can start your design analysis using the cold air standard assumption for the gas side, but when you make the final design the effect of varying temperatures on the specific heats should be taken into consideration.
• The limit on the maximum amount of heat recovery (i.e. the minimum exhaust gas temperature after the Heat Recovery Heat Exchanger) should take the dew point temperature of the steam in the exhaust gases into consideration.
=================================================

can anyone help me on this project please ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi there:

Check out the following URL where you can find some useful material and calculators on the subject matter:

http://engware.i-dentity.com

Thanks,

Gordan

Thanks for the URL and for your attempt to help me out. I visited the link but can find slideshows and calculations i hope if someone can help me solve this problem or send me a URL of a forum where i can benifit from thanks a lot all.

Ok saying that the

efficiency = W(net) / Q

Q = W(net) / Efficiency

Q = 190/0.95 = 200 MW

or saying that

efficiency = output/input

input = output / efficency

Input = 190 / 0.95 =200 MW

Ok how do i proceed then ?

How do i benifit from ("for simplicity, you can start your design analysis using the cold air standard assumption for the gas side, but when you make the final design the effect of varying temperatures on the specific heats should be taken into consideration.")

What is the purpose of the ThermoFluid Project?

The ThermoFluid Project aims to study the principles of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics in various systems, such as power plants, engines, and refrigeration systems. It involves analyzing the behavior of fluids and their interactions with heat and energy.

What are the key concepts and theories involved in the ThermoFluid Project?

The ThermoFluid Project heavily relies on the laws of thermodynamics, including the first and second laws, as well as concepts such as entropy, enthalpy, and heat transfer. It also incorporates principles from fluid mechanics, such as Bernoulli's equation, conservation of mass and energy, and the Navier-Stokes equations.

What are the common applications of the ThermoFluid Project?

The ThermoFluid Project has various real-world applications, including the design and optimization of power plants and engines, the development of efficient heating and cooling systems, and the analysis of fluid flow in industrial processes. It is also used in the field of renewable energy, such as wind and hydro power.

What equipment and tools are necessary for the ThermoFluid Project?

The ThermoFluid Project requires specialized equipment and tools, such as thermocouples, pressure gauges, flow meters, and heat exchangers. It also involves the use of computer software for data analysis, simulation, and modeling.

What are the potential challenges and limitations of the ThermoFluid Project?

Some challenges of the ThermoFluid Project include dealing with complex and non-linear systems, accurately measuring and controlling variables, and accounting for real-world limitations and uncertainties. It also requires a strong understanding of mathematics, physics, and engineering principles.