Please help me with my up coming exams

• Thread starter bird4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams
In summary, a student is seeking help with a variety of physics questions for an upcoming exam. The questions cover topics such as displacement, acceleration, velocity, and distance traveled. The student has not provided any attempts or solutions to the questions and is asking for assistance.
bird4
hello to all the great people in this site...I came across these questions and I have an exam early Tuesday morning and I would like you guys to help me with it, please I need to make an A in the class and these questions I don't know where to start from..please I beg you guys to help I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ALL OF YOU IF YOU CAN HELP ME
THANKS IN ADVANCE

A mountain-climbing expedition establishes two intermediate camps, labeled A and B in the drawing, above the base camp. What is the magnitude r of the displacement between camp A and camp B?

Number
http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1507/art/qb/qu/c03/ch03p_03.gif

Units

#2)
A skateboarder, starting from rest, rolls down a 11.6-m ramp. When she arrives at the bottom of the ramp her speed is 7.71 m/s. (a) Determine the magnitude of her acceleration, assumed to be constant. (b) If the ramp is inclined at 29.7 ° with respect to the ground, what is the component of her acceleration that is parallel to the ground?

(a)Number
Units

(b)Number
Units

#3)A car drives horizontally off the edge of a cliff that is 50.0 m high. The police at the scene of the accident note that the point of impact is 162 m from the base of the cliff. How fast was the car traveling when it drove off the cliff?

Number:
Units:

#4)A quarterback claims that he can throw the football a horizontal distance of 195 m. Furthermore, he claims that he can do this by launching the ball at the relatively low angle of 34.6 ° above the horizontal. To evaluate this claim, determine the speed with which this quarterback must throw the ball. Assume that the ball is launched and caught at the same vertical level and that air resistance can be ignored. For comparison a baseball pitcher who can accurately throw a fastball at 45 m/s (100 mph) would be considered exceptional.
Number:
units:

#5)The lob in tennis is an effective tactic when your opponent is near the net. It consists of lofting the ball over his head, forcing him to move quickly away from the net (see the drawing). Suppose that you loft the ball with an initial speed of 15.0 m/s at an angle of 50.0° the horizontal. At this instant your opponent is 10.0 m away from the ball. He begins moving away from you 0.35 s later, hoping to reach the ball and hit it back at the moment that it is 2.10 m above its launch point. With what minimum average speed must he move? (Ignore the fact that he can stretch, so that his racket can reach the ball before he does.
http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1507/art/qb/qu/c03/ch03p_40.gif
Number:
Units:

#6) A baseball is hit into the air at an initial speed of 31.0 m/s and an angle of 41.8 ° above the horizontal. At the same time, the center fielder starts running away from the batter and catches the ball 0.829 m above the level at which it was hit. If the center fielder is initially 1.07 x 102 m from home plate, what must be his average speed?

Number:
Units:

#7)Two cars, A and B, are traveling in the same direction, although car A is 102 m behind car B. The speed of A is 26.0 m/s, and the speed of B is 18.7 m/s. How much time does it take for A to catch B?

Number:
Units:

#8)A speed ramp at an airport is a moving conveyor belt on which you can either stand or walk. It is intended to get you from place to place more quickly. Suppose a speed ramp is 123 m long. When you walk at a comfortable speed on the ground, you cover this distance in 82.1 s. When you walk on the speed ramp at this same comfortable speed, you cover this distance in 30.0 s. Determine the speed at which the speed ramp is moving relative to the ground.

Number:
Units:

#9)On a pleasure cruise a boat is traveling relative to the water at a speed of 5.93 m/s due south. Relative to the boat, a passenger walks toward the back of the boat at a speed of 1.65 m/s. (a) What is the magnitude of the passenger's velocity relative to the water? (b) How long does it take for the passenger to walk a distance of 30.1 m on the boat? (c) How long does it take for the passenger to cover a distance of 30.1 m on the water?

(a)
Number:
Units:
(b)
Number:
Units:
(c)Number:
Units:

#10)A jetliner can fly 6.73 hours on a full load of fuel. Without any wind it flies at a speed of 3.16 x 102 m/s. The plane is to make a round-trip by heading due west for a certain distance, turning around, and then heading due east for the return trip. During the entire flight, however, the plane encounters a 68.0-m/s wind from the jet stream, which blows from west to east. What is the maximum distance (in kilometers) that the plane can travel due west and just be able to return home?

Number:
Units:

Physics news on Phys.org
hey bro...it shall be much more helpful for you if you categorised yr questions and posted them as independent threads...

indicate the chapter name in the heading and split ur ques in various posts...

accumulating the ques limits the views...

seriously... what you're expecting is that we solve the questions for you. This is not going to happen.. and if anyone tries to do it completely for you.. he'll most probably get a warning from the pf staff [as i have..]. you have to show some work you have done before we assist you.

And from your thread, you have posted nothing that you've done yourself.

Please give us a few hints, your questions are way too difficult to solve without you helping us along a bit.

And this will help you with your upcoming exams how?

arildno said:
Please give us a few hints, your questions are way too difficult to solve without you helping us along a bit.

you are saying this.. i mean.. you've got 8000+ posts here.. it sort of confuses me...

rohanprabhu said:
you are saying this.. i mean.. you've got 8000+ posts here.. it sort of confuses me...

he was being sarcastic

Oerg said:
he was being sarcastic

i am so sorry.. i thought he was saying that to me and the poster b4 me.. gosh.. this is so stupid of me here.. damn..

What The Hell Is Wrong With All Of You
Its Not Like The End Of The World If I Asked You Quiestions
It Doesnt Mean Helping Me Its Gonna Be The End Of The World
Plz Get A Life All Of You

THANKS A LOT
FOR BEING RUDE AND ACTING LIKE THAT
rohanprabhu I NEVER said that I wanted you to do my work
and thanks in advance

bird4 said:
What The Hell Is Wrong With All Of You
Its Not Like The End Of The World If I Asked You Quiestions
It Doesnt Mean Helping Me Its Gonna Be The End Of The World
Plz Get A Life All Of You

bird4 said:
THANKS A LOT
and thanks in advance

Nice attitude. Talk about rude! :rolleyes: You aren't going to get much help if you continue to insult people.

If you seriously want help, then show us your attempts at solving these problems. I refuse to believe you can't even start one of these questions. Do you not have a textbook?

bird4 said:
THANKS A LOT
and thanks in advance

i know you NEVER said.. but you very well implied it.

AND WRITING IN CAPS, SHOWING HOW PISSED OFF YOU ARE ISN'T REALLY AS COOL AS YOU THINK.

What can I do to prepare for my upcoming exams?

There are several steps you can take to prepare for your exams. First, make sure you have all the necessary study materials and notes. Next, create a study schedule and stick to it. Additionally, practice active learning techniques such as summarizing, flashcards, and practice quizzes. Lastly, make sure to get enough rest and stay hydrated to keep your mind sharp.

How can I manage my time effectively while studying for exams?

Time management is key when preparing for exams. Start by breaking down your study material into smaller, manageable chunks. Prioritize the most important topics and allocate more time to those. Additionally, use a planner or calendar to schedule your study sessions and make sure to take breaks to avoid burnout.

What strategies can I use to improve my memory for exams?

There are several memory techniques you can use to improve your retention and recall for exams. These include creating associations or connections between new information and things you already know, using mnemonic devices such as acronyms or rhymes, and practicing retrieval by quizzing yourself or explaining the material to someone else.

How can I stay motivated while studying for exams?

Staying motivated can be challenging during exam season, but there are a few strategies you can use. Set specific and achievable goals for each study session and reward yourself when you reach them. Find a study buddy or join a study group for accountability and support. Additionally, remind yourself of your long-term goals and how your hard work now will pay off in the future.

What should I do if I feel overwhelmed and stressed about my exams?

Feeling overwhelmed and stressed is a common experience during exam season. It's important to take care of your mental and emotional well-being during this time. Practice stress-relieving activities such as exercise, deep breathing, or mindfulness. Reach out to a friend, family member, or counselor for support. And remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.