1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me with this ( mass balance)

1. Aug 27, 2008 #1
    Hello everybody..

I have aquestion and hope to get help..please bear with me and try to finish reading my question..

Thank u very much for your time.

My question is

I have a pilot plant filter.. and i need to add some chemicals to the raw water before entering the filter..say for instance the water flow rate is around 20L/h

the concentration of the chmical solution is %10.. and i need to add (dose) 5mg/L...which means 5mg of the chemials to 1L of water (flows in pipe before the filter )..
    My question is how much (liter or milliters ) of the solution (chemicals) should i dose it to the water to give me the 5mg/l ?
    I need to solve this problem in order to get the specification of the right dosing pump that i need to buy..
    So please try to help me out with this.
    Thank u very much

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2008 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm not an expert, but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by a %10 solution. Wouldn't you have to express that concentration in terms of mg/L? Or could you express the mg/L that a 100% solution would have?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?