Math Help: Multiplying Zeq and I for Transformer - Quick and Easy Tips

• Thread starter yuenkf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, to multiply Zeq (0.140 + j 0.532) with I (8.7 /_ -36.87 ' ) A, first convert Zeq to polar form by finding its modulus and phase angle. Then, multiply Zeq and I together by multiplying their moduli and adding their phase angles. The result is 3.75 + j 2.97.
yuenkf
for transformer , Zeq multiply with I .. let say the Zeq is ( 0.140 + j 0.532 ) , while I is ( 8.7 /_ -36.87 ' ) A ... -36.87 is degree.. how to multiply these two things up? please help me . i m in urgent.. thanks.. please...

Engineering news on Phys.org
yuenkf said:
for transformer , Zeq multiply with I .. let say the Zeq is ( 0.140 + j 0.532 ) , while I is ( 8.7 /_ -36.87 ' ) A ... -36.87 is degree.. how to multiply these two things up? please help me . i m in urgent.. thanks.. please...
Convert Zeq to polar form first.

Since Z = x + j y, the modulus2 = x2 + y2 and the phase angle is the arctan (y / x)

For Zeq = 0.140 + j 0.532,

the modulus2 = 0.1402 + 0.5322 = 0.3026; modulus = 0.550
the phase angle is then arctan (0.532 / 0.140) =arctan (3.80) = 75.26° (1st. quadrant), thus

Zeq = 0.140 + j 0.532 = 0.550 ∠ 75.26°

I = 8.7 ∠ -36.87°

Zeq * I = 0.550 * 8.7 ∠ 75.26° - 36.87° = 4.785 ∠ 38.39° = 3.75 + j 2.97

thanks much.. appreciate it...

1. What makes you think you are "stupid" at math?

Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to remember that being "bad" at math does not make someone stupid. There are many factors that can contribute to struggling with math, such as lack of practice, ineffective teaching methods, or learning differences. It's important to identify the root cause of the difficulty and address it in a positive and productive way.

2. How can I improve my math skills?

Improving math skills takes time and effort, but it is definitely possible. The key is to practice regularly and consistently, as well as seek help when needed. There are many online resources, tutoring services, and study groups that can provide additional support. It's also important to have a positive attitude and believe in your ability to improve.

3. Can you give me some tips for understanding math concepts?

One tip is to break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces. This can make it easier to understand and remember. It's also helpful to make connections between new concepts and ones you already know. Additionally, practice and reinforcement are key in solidifying understanding. Don't be afraid to ask questions and seek clarification when needed.

4. What are some common mistakes people make in math?

One common mistake is not checking your work for errors. It's important to always double check your calculations and make sure you haven't made any simple mistakes. Another mistake is not showing your work or skipping steps in problem solving. This can make it difficult to identify where you may have gone wrong. It's also important to read and understand the problem carefully before attempting to solve it.

5. How can I overcome my fear of math?

Fear of math is a common feeling, but it's important to remember that it is just a subject. One strategy is to face your fear head on and practice regularly, building confidence along the way. Another approach is to reframe your thinking and focus on the progress you are making rather than any perceived failures. Seeking support and guidance from a teacher or tutor can also help alleviate fear and build confidence in math skills.