Calculating Force on Achilles Tendon: Component Method and Formulas

• Thread starter koreanlearner
  • Start date
In summary, the problem involves two muscles in the back of the leg pulling upward on the Achilles tendon with forces of 200N at 20 degrees. The question is asking for the magnitude and direction of the total force on the Achilles tendon and which formula would be best to use in solving this problem. It is suggested to use moments around a pivot to find the resultant of the two forces.
koreanlearner
two muscles in the back of the leg pull upward on the achilles tendon. find the magnitude and the direction of the total force on the achilles tendon. component method

L=200 n at 20degrees
M=200 n at 20degrees

what kind of formula is best in computing for this problem?

thanks

ron

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I'm missing something here, but
what are L and M?
20 degrees to what?
Otherwise...
If the 2 forces of 200N are acting on the same object at the same place and in the same direction, then it must surely be a simple problem to find the resultant?

draw the problem out. should be solved by using moments around a pivot.

1. What is the best way to ask for help?

The best way to ask for help is to be specific about what you need assistance with and provide any relevant background information. This will make it easier for others to understand your problem and provide a helpful solution.

2. How can I phrase my request for help without sounding demanding?

One way to phrase your request without sounding demanding is to use polite language and express your appreciation for the help. For example, you could say "Could you please help me with this? I would really appreciate it."

3. Is it appropriate to ask for help from someone I don't know?

It is appropriate to ask for help from someone you don't know, but it is important to be respectful of their time and boundaries. You can introduce yourself and explain why you are reaching out to them for help.

4. How can I make sure my request for help is clear and easy to understand?

To make your request for help clear and easy to understand, try breaking down your problem into smaller, specific questions. You can also provide screenshots or examples to help others better understand your issue.

5. What should I do if I still need help after someone has already assisted me?

If you still need help after someone has already assisted you, you can politely ask for more clarification or further assistance. You can also try researching your problem online or reaching out to a different source for help.