My Exam Story: Reflections of a Confused Student

In summary, the conversation is about a student who recently took competitive exams in India and received mixed results. They did well in one exam, but were waitlisted for another and not selected for a third. The student is feeling confused and unsure about their abilities, but others are telling them to have more self confidence and focus on their strengths. The conversation concludes with a story about how people often judge others based on their own abilities.
Dr.Brain
Note : Please don't connect this post with my performance on PF ... :biggrin:

Ok people , I am giving you some info :

exams name-----students appeared------my rank(% of students behind me)

AIEEE --------400,000---------13,600 (96.6%)
BITSAT-------- 48,000----------- 3,500 (92.7%)
DCE-------------30,000------------ 4,800 (84%)

I just gave my competitive exams...and this is how i fared ...and the Results:

AIEEE ---- Qualified :smile:
BITSAT---- In waiting List :uhh:
DCE ------ Not Selected :yuck:

Now I feel like I am not a good student ...and I could have done better... Because I couldn't get into some of the top institutes of my country (India)...
I am retrying next year for all of the exams...Can you please adjudge what type of student I am ?..I am pretty confused...some say you have done soo well...some say you just messed it up...my mom says...you couldnot achieve your dreams...I am allllll confused... :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know your "performance on PF",numbers don't show you among "la crème de la crème",i'd say you just need more self confidence and clear head (i hope you're not drinking :tongue2:) to realize where you are,to feel your level and your weaknesses and stop asking others to judge you.

Oscillating results are due to lack of self confidence and mind not focused enough.

Daniel.

I agree with dextercioby (too long username).Everyone knows himself/herself better than the others.You're exactly the one you think.And if you love sth, for sure you can be successful in it.
you know that remindes of astory when people try to ask others about their abilities and the conclusion of story is that "everyone comment on things base on his /her abilities".if they are capable to do sth,they think you're capable as well.

1. What is "My Exam Story: Reflections of a Confused Student" about?

"My Exam Story: Reflections of a Confused Student" is a personal account of a student's experience with exams. It includes reflections on the challenges, stress, and emotions that come with taking exams, as well as the lessons learned and tips for future students.

2. Why did you write "My Exam Story: Reflections of a Confused Student"?

I wrote "My Exam Story: Reflections of a Confused Student" to share my personal experience with exams and to offer support and advice to other students who may be going through similar struggles. I hope that my story will resonate with others and provide some comfort and guidance during a stressful time.

3. What inspired you to share your exam story?

I was inspired to share my exam story after reflecting on my own experiences and realizing that many students may face similar challenges and feelings during exams. I wanted to create a relatable and honest narrative that could potentially help others going through similar situations.

4. What lessons did you learn from your exam experience?

From my exam experience, I learned the importance of managing my time and stress, as well as the value of seeking help and support from others. I also learned that failure is not the end, but rather an opportunity for growth and improvement.

5. What advice do you have for other students facing exam stress?

My advice for other students facing exam stress is to prioritize self-care and time management. It's important to take breaks, get enough rest, and seek help when needed. It's also helpful to break down studying into smaller, manageable chunks and to focus on understanding the material rather than just memorizing it.