1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help on my Cathode ray tube experiment

1. Jan 25, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am building a CRT for my physics project but have some doubts. I know there will fluorescence effect but my project requires to do an experiment and make observations.

So how can I relate this experiment so that I have:- 1. Different cases and experiments with the CRT. 2. I am able to make some observations with the above.

Any variation or anything that helps.

Thanks.

2. Relevant equations

None.

3. The attempt at a solution
    None.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi modi96! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

You are doing some glassblowing to manufacture your own evacuated thermionic tube?

Can you demonstrate how the beam can be deflected by both magnetic and electric fields?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Feb 24, 2017 #3
    hi modi, how it was going? I am now doing a research about cathode ray and i found some difficulties.

5. Feb 24, 2017 #4

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Minn Lwin. :welcome:

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to get a response from modi because he/she has not logged in to read these forums for over 2 years, so is likely to remain unaware of your enquiry here.

If you have difficulty in understanding something you are welcome to start your own thread to ask some questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted