Please help on solving these complex equations

• Thread starter Gihan sky
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complex
In summary, the person is seeking help with solving difficult equations that are numbered (12), (13), and (14) in a PDF document. They want to iteratively solve equation (13) for the variable "n" and have been told it can be rearranged to the form "Ax=B". They need assistance with rearranging the terms to this form and converting equation (13) into matrix form, with "x" containing the values of "n" at specific positions and "B" containing constant terms at time "t".
Gihan sky
Please help on solving these difficult equations

In the pdf document I attached there are equations numbered (12) ,(13), (14).
These are similar equations.
I want to find a way to iteratively solve the equation number (13).
I was told that this equation can be rearranged to the form, "Ax=B".
Please help me on re-arranging the terms of this equation to this form.

Thank you.

Attachments

• msmse7_2_002.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
You want to solve equation 13 for WHAT variable?

I want to solve these equation 13 for variable "n". Here n[j] is the electron density in the i,j position at time "t+1".

So the matrix "x" (if this can be rearranged to the form Ax=B) should contain the values of "n" at the positions (i,j),(i,j-1),(i,j+1),(i-1,j),(i+1,j).

matrix "B" would contain the all the constant terms at time "t".(D(E,x), R(n,p) & n[t]).

Thank you

Can somebody convert equation 13 into the matrix form.
i.e Ax=B

1. What are complex equations?

Complex equations are mathematical expressions that involve complex numbers, which are numbers that have both a real and imaginary component. They often involve variables, exponents, and operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

2. Why are complex equations difficult to solve?

Complex equations can be difficult to solve because they require a thorough understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques. They often involve multiple steps and require precise calculations. Additionally, the use of complex numbers can add an extra layer of complexity.

3. How can I approach solving complex equations?

The best way to approach solving complex equations is to first understand the basic principles and rules of algebra. Start by simplifying the equation as much as possible and then use various techniques such as factoring, substitution, or the quadratic formula to solve for the unknown variable.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving complex equations?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving complex equations include mixing up signs, forgetting to distribute or combine like terms, and making errors in calculations. It is also important to double-check your work and plug your solutions back into the original equation to ensure they are correct.

5. Are there any resources available to help with solving complex equations?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with solving complex equations. You can consult textbooks, online tutorials, or seek help from a math tutor or teacher. Additionally, there are numerous math software and calculator programs that can assist in solving complex equations.