this guestion is really bugging me

• Thread starter grego89
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about solving a geometry/trig problem involving angles. The expert advises the individual to consider angles that add up to 90 degrees and explains how to apply this logic to the given diagram. The individual struggles to understand and asks for further clarification. The expert provides additional tips and confirms that the individual has the correct understanding. The summary concludes that the green angles from both triangles are equal and form a right angle when combined with their respective other angles.
grego89
This is a force problem the 2 green angles in the question are equal I have to explain why they are equal

how am I suppoused to figure this out I really need help

please help asap

when you click on the link and then click on the picture you can make it bigger

"[URL=[PLAIN]http://imageshack.us[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a geometry/trig issue. Consider angles that add to 90 degrees. You'll find that A + C = 90 and B + C = 90, so you can conclude that A = B.

If you study your diagram, you'll see how this logic can be applied. Hint: Label the angles and see which ones form right angles or add up to 90 degrees.

I really don't get what you mean I have a right angle in the big triangle and a right angle in the small triangle I label one angle a and one angle b what about the remaining two sides of the 2 triangles

Things that might help: If you exaggerate the angle, you might see things better -- Try to make the incline really steep or not very steep. Then be careful about drawing it well. Look carefully at the normal.

So basically the green angle from the big triangle and the other angle which we label as C equals 90

and the green angle from the small triangle and the other angle which we also labeled c equals 90?

Sounds like you've got it. (As long as you realize that it's the same angle "c" in both cases.)

If that line is perp. to that line, and the other line is perp. the the other line, then the angles between them are the same...

In so many words, so to speak.

1. What is the scientific method?

The scientific method is a systematic approach to answering questions and solving problems in the field of science. It involves making observations, forming a hypothesis, conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions.

2. How do scientists choose which questions to investigate?

Scientists often choose questions to investigate based on their curiosity, personal interests, and the relevance and potential impact of the question in their field of study.

3. How do scientists ensure their experiments are valid and reliable?

Scientists use various methods to ensure the validity and reliability of their experiments, such as using control groups, replicating experiments, and following standardized procedures.

4. What is the role of peer review in the scientific process?

Peer review is a critical evaluation process in which other experts in the field review and provide feedback on a scientist's research before it is published. This helps to ensure the quality and accuracy of the research.

5. How do scientists communicate their findings to the public?

Scientists communicate their findings through various means such as scientific journals, conferences, and media outlets. They also use language and visuals that are easily understandable to the general public.