Why Was My Forum Thread Deleted?

• Thread starter Pioneer1
  • Start date
The Admins and Mentors are busy and will respond soon.- The topic of the thread may have violated the content guidelines.- The thread was deleted due to potential copyright violations.- The user hopes it was a mistake and asks for clarification on which part violated the rules.In summary, the conversation was about a thread that disappeared and the user wrote to admins but got no replies. The thread may have violated content guidelines and was deleted due to potential copyright violations. The user is asking for clarification on which part violated the rules.
Pioneer1
Does anyone know what happened to this thread? It disappeared. I wrote to admins but I got no replies.:confused:

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Admins and Mentors are very busy. They'll get around to responding soon. From what I read of it, I believe that the topic was not within the PF content guidelines.

Why?

Do you happen to know what section of Physics Forum is violated by saying that Cavendish did not measure G? I gave several supporting evidence from physics literature, including a classic article published in the American Journal of Physics. I would appreciate if the thread is restored and administrators pointed at the part which violated the rules here. I was learning myself from other posters' comments. So I hope this was a mistake.

It was deleted due to potential copyright violations, which are clearly covered in the PF guidelines.

- Warren

1. What is the process for fixing an error in a Nature publication?

The process for fixing an error in a Nature publication begins with identifying the error and determining its impact on the overall study. The corresponding author should then contact the journal's editorial office with a detailed explanation of the error and any supporting evidence. The editor will then review the request and determine the appropriate course of action, which may include publishing a correction or retraction.

2. How long does it take for an error to be corrected in a Nature publication?

The amount of time it takes for an error to be corrected in a Nature publication can vary depending on the severity and complexity of the error. However, the journal strives to address any errors as quickly as possible to maintain the integrity of the research. In most cases, corrections or retractions are published within a few weeks of the request being made.

3. What types of errors can be corrected in a Nature publication?

Nature publications can correct errors that affect the accuracy or interpretation of the research, such as incorrect data or calculations, misinterpretation of results, or omission of important information. However, errors that do not significantly impact the overall study, such as minor typographical errors, may not be corrected.

4. Can an error be corrected in a published article without issuing a correction or retraction?

In some cases, an error can be corrected without issuing a formal correction or retraction. For example, if the error is minor and does not significantly impact the study, the corresponding author may be able to submit an erratum that is published alongside the original article. However, any changes made to the published article will be clearly marked and noted in the online version.

5. Can an error be corrected in a Nature publication after it has been retracted?

Once an article has been retracted, it is no longer considered part of the scientific record and cannot be corrected. If an error is discovered after an article has been retracted, the corresponding author may submit a new manuscript for consideration, but it will be subject to the same peer-review process as any other new submission.