Find a model of plutonium. a bohr model

• Thread starter vandamme
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone needing a model of plutonium for a school project and asking for help finding one. The expert suggests looking up electron shells on Google and provides the number of shells and electrons in each shell. The person expresses their gratitude for the help.
vandamme
model of plutonium, a bohr model

i need to find a model of plutonium. a bohr model. i have to have it by tonight so i can draw it for my school project. can someone please help me. this is worth a lot of points and I've been sitting here forever and cannot find one. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I looked up plutonium electron shells on google for you. Several of the results gave Shells, 2,8,18,32,24,8,2. That is there are 7 shells, I suppose represented by concentric circles in your diagram, and the number of electrons in each shell (from inside out) is 2, 8, 18, 32, 24, 8, and 2. Is that what you wanted? Draw that many dots on each circle, put a heavy dot in the middle and hand it in!

thank you so much!

hehehe

hehehe 1 1/2 years later u helped me 2
thanks a milliion!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

1. What is a bohr model of plutonium?

A bohr model of plutonium is a simplified representation of the atomic structure of plutonium, which was proposed by Niels Bohr in 1913. It shows the nucleus of the atom surrounded by energy levels or shells, with electrons orbiting in these shells.

2. How is a bohr model of plutonium different from other models?

A bohr model is different from other models because it is based on the concept of energy levels or shells, whereas other models may focus on the arrangement of electrons in the atom's orbitals.

3. How do you find a bohr model of plutonium?

To find a bohr model of plutonium, you can use the atomic number of plutonium (94) to determine the number of protons and electrons. Then, you can distribute these particles into the energy levels or shells according to the bohr model's rules, which state that the maximum number of electrons in each shell is 2n^2, where n is the shell number.

4. What can a bohr model of plutonium tell us about the atom?

A bohr model of plutonium can tell us about the number and arrangement of electrons in the atom's energy levels or shells. It can also provide information about the atom's stability and reactivity, as well as its physical and chemical properties.

5. Are there any limitations to using a bohr model of plutonium?

Yes, there are limitations to using a bohr model of plutonium. It is a simplified representation of the atom's structure and does not account for the complex interactions among particles in the atom. It also does not accurately depict the movement of electrons, which is better described by quantum mechanics.