Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help w/broadband, newbie

1. Jun 19, 2006 #1
    ey, i just just started up wit sympatico high speed, ethernet. It's probably set for wednesday and ive been calling them a lot for information. All of my 3 calls except the last one never mentioned an ethernet card for the modem. It's a rental as included with tha monthly bill of our new net/phone connection. It is actually necessary that we get this ethernet card even tho they're sending us the modem? They've tried to hook me with a bunch of things but only now did they mention an ethernet card... Also, is my pentium III 876mhz 128 mb ram capable of high speed? please help, today's my last day on this name but soon ill be able to start up a new one but please tryta reply when u can. Peace n TY
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2006 #2

sry, tha modem's a rental, tha chick at bell told me i haveta buy an ethernet card or i wont be able to get on tha net...
  4. Jun 19, 2006 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Some modems can be connected to your computer using usb.

Ethernet cards can be had pretty cheaply, I think Staples still has a free one, after $20 of mail in rebates, available (this might not be a national deal of course).
  5. Jun 19, 2006 #4

Gold Member

I don't think the USB modems are compatible with street jive.
  6. Jun 19, 2006 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wish I didn't have to "decode" Poodle's conversations. Is effective communication such a lost art?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?