Calculating Star Surface Emission at Different Temperatures | Physics Question

• Thread starter Yarka
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about using the Stephen-Boltzmann law to determine the power emitted by a star with a surface temperature of 1000 degrees Kelvin, and then calculating the power emitted at a lower temperature of 900 degrees Kelvin. The conversation also mentions the guidelines of the forum, which prevent providing solutions and require showing effort in solving the problem. The solution process involves applying the law to find the power emitted at 1000 degrees Kelvin and then using this value to calculate the power emitted at 900 degrees Kelvin.
Yarka
Physics

If a star has a surface temperature of 1000 degrees Kelvin and emits 500,000 watts of each square-meter of surface area, how much power does each square-meter of its surface area emit after it has cooled to 900 degrees Kelvin?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the Forums,

Have you any thoughts on the question? Which law do you think we should use?

If a star has a surface temperature of 1000 degrees Kelvin and emits 500,000 watts of each square-meter of surface area, how much power does each square-meter of its surface area emit after it has cooled to 900 degrees Kelvin?

Stephen-Boltzmann's Law i guess, but i couldn't figure out how? please help if u have any idea

Well you could start by writing down the Stephen-Boltzmann law and identifying what all the symbols mean...

Double posting isn't going to get your thread answered any quicker, I've already answered your other thread.

Thanks, am a kind of confused.

it may be easy for u to answer, so please help me?

Yarka said:
it may be easy for u to answer, so please help me?
I am trying to help you. The guidelines here at PF prevent us from providing solutions to problems, they also require that you show your efforts and that we guide you through the problem rather than just handing you the solution on a plate.

ok. this is what i have= v/t=pi*P*D^4/128*L*Visc.

so 500,000=3.14*100*1000/128*L
Am i right?

Two different threads have been merged because the OP made multiple postings.

Zz.

1. What is the question asking for?

The question is asking for assistance with a physics question. It is likely that the person asking may be struggling to understand a concept or solve a problem and is seeking guidance.

2. Can you provide a step-by-step explanation of how to solve the problem?

Yes, as a scientist, I can provide a detailed explanation of the problem and the steps needed to solve it. It is important to understand the concepts and equations involved in order to properly solve the problem.

3. What information do you need from me to help with the question?

In order to provide the most accurate and helpful answer, I may need some additional information such as the given values, equations, or any attempts the person has made to solve the problem. This will help me understand where the confusion may lie and provide a tailored explanation.

4. Are there any tips or tricks for solving this type of physics problem?

Yes, there are often patterns and shortcuts that can be used to solve certain types of physics problems. I can provide some tips and tricks that may make the problem easier to understand and solve.

5. How can I check if my answer is correct?

As a scientist, I highly recommend checking your answer using different methods or equations to verify its accuracy. You can also compare your answer to the given solution or ask for further clarification if needed.