Please, I need someone to check this

• Thread starter indiansfan4life
  • Start date
In summary: The focal length can be calculated using the equation f=dodi/do+di, and the location of the image changes by either increasing or decreasing depending on the type of lens. The size of the image also changes accordingly.
indiansfan4life
A) A student places a light bulb 30 cm in front of a concave mirror. A real image of the bulb is found 6 cm in front of the mirror. What is the focal length of the mirror?

my answer was 5 cm

Given
-----
do=30cm
di=6cm
f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=30*6/30+6

=5

B) If a light bulb is place 12 cm in front of a concave mirror with a focal length of 3 cm. How far in front of the mirror will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 4 cm

Given
-----
do=12cm
f=3cm
di=?

di=dof/do-f

di=12cm*3cm/12cm-3cm

=4

H) How did the location of the image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a mirror?

increased

I) how did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the mirror?

increased in size

-----------------------------

A) A student places a light bulb 12 cm in front of a double convex lens. A real image of the bulb is found 3 cm on the other side of the lens. What is the focal length of the lens?

my answer was 2.4 cm

Given
-----
do=12cm
di=3cm
f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=12*3/12+3

=2.4

B) A light bulb is place 30 cm in front of a double convex lens with a focal length of 6 cm. How far on the other side of the lens will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 7.5 cm

Given
-----
do=30cm
f=6cm
di=?

di=dodf/do-f

di=30*6/30-6

=7.5

H) How did the location of an image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a lens?

decreased

I) How did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the lens?

it also decreased in size

thanks

it is due today and I leave in 45 minutes, I need it checked

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess since we all missed your deadline it isn't important anymore...

please

I can check your answers and provide feedback, but I cannot guarantee that it will be done within 45 minutes. Can you please clarify what you need checked? Is it just the answers or do you need help understanding the concepts as well? Also, please specify which set of questions you need checked (A and B or H and I). Thank you.

Related to Please, I need someone to check this

1. What does "Please, I need someone to check this" mean?

"Please, I need someone to check this" is a request for someone to review or examine something for accuracy, completeness, or quality.

2. Why would someone ask for their work to be checked by someone else?

Asking for someone to check their work can help ensure that it is error-free and meets the necessary standards. It can also provide a fresh perspective and catch any mistakes that the original person may have missed.

3. What kinds of work should be checked by someone else?

Any kind of work that requires accuracy and precision, such as scientific research, technical reports, academic papers, or important documents, should be checked by someone else to ensure its quality and validity.

4. Is it common to have someone else check your work as a scientist?

Yes, it is common for scientists to have their work checked by colleagues or experts in the field. This is especially important in the scientific community to maintain the integrity and reliability of research findings.

5. How can I find someone to check my work as a scientist?

You can ask a colleague, mentor, or supervisor to check your work, or you can reach out to experts in your field for feedback and review. It is also helpful to join a peer review group or attend conferences to get your work checked by others.