Move Thread - Quantum Physics Forum

• Thread starter bcrowell
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses moving a thread to the Quantum Physics forum and the use of the "Report Post" button to bring any issues to Moderator attention.
Physics news on Phys.org
bcrowell said:
(Hope this is the right place to post this.) I think this thread should be moved to the Quantum Physics form: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=420615
I'll take care of this. But next time use the "Report Post" button. :smile:

We know the verbiage for the Report Post button says "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) and unappropriated posts." Nonetheless, please use it to bring any issue to Moderator attention. (Unfortunately, that verbiage is a 'canned' message that we are unable to change. :yuck:)

1. What is the purpose of moving a thread in the Quantum Physics Forum?

The purpose of moving a thread in the Quantum Physics Forum is to organize discussions and keep related topics together in one place. This makes it easier for users to find and participate in discussions on specific subjects.

2. How do I move a thread in the Quantum Physics Forum?

To move a thread in the Quantum Physics Forum, you can click on the "Move Thread" option located under the thread's title. This will allow you to select a new forum or subforum for the thread to be moved to.

3. Can anyone move a thread in the Quantum Physics Forum?

No, only moderators or administrators of the forum have the ability to move threads. This is to ensure that threads are moved to the appropriate location and maintain the organization of the forum.

4. Will moving a thread affect its content or comments?

No, moving a thread will not affect its content or comments. The thread will remain intact and users will still be able to view and reply to it in its new location.

5. What should I do if I think a thread has been moved to the wrong location?

If you believe a thread has been moved to the wrong location, you can contact a moderator or administrator and explain your concern. They will review the thread and make any necessary adjustments.