Please revise my answer for me.

• Thread starter High_Voltage
  • Start date
In summary, the driver of a car traveling at 85km/h collides with a tree, compressing the front end of the car and coming to rest after traveling 0.80m. Using the equation (vf^2-vi^2)/(2d)=a, the average acceleration of the driver during the collision is calculated to be -35.51g's in the negative direction. This highlights the dangers of accidents.
High_Voltage

Homework Statement

A car traveling 85km/h strikes a tree. The front end of the car compresses and the driver comes to rest after traveling 0.80m. What was the average acceleration of the driver during the collision? Express the answer in terms of "g's" where 1.00g = 9.81m/s^2.

Homework Equations

(85 km/h)(1000m/1km)(1h/3600s)= 23.6m/s

(vf^2-vi^2)/(2d)=a

The Attempt at a Solution

vi=23.61m/s
d=.80m
vf=0m/s

(0^2)-(23.6^2)/(2x.80)= -348.39m/s^2

-348.39/(9.81)= -35.51g's 35.5g's in the negative direction.

This does not seem right to me, can anyone confirm or lead me in the right direction, not do the work for me as I know that is frowned upon here =)

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks right. Thats why accidents suck.

1. Why should I ask for a revision of my answer?

As a scientist, it is important to constantly review and improve our work to ensure accuracy and credibility. Revising your answer allows you to catch any mistakes or areas that need further clarification.

2. How can I request a revision of my answer?

You can request a revision by simply asking a colleague or peer to review your answer and provide feedback. You can also reach out to an expert in the field for their input and suggestions for improvement.

3. Is it necessary to revise my answer multiple times?

This depends on the complexity of the answer and the amount of feedback you receive. It is always a good idea to review and revise your answer at least once, but it may be necessary to revise multiple times in order to reach the most accurate and comprehensive answer.

4. How long should I wait before asking for a revision?

It is best to ask for a revision as soon as possible after completing your answer. This allows for timely feedback and a quicker turnaround time for the final, revised answer.

5. Can I revise my own answer?

Yes, you can certainly revise your own answer. However, it is always beneficial to have a fresh set of eyes review your work to catch any errors or areas that may need improvement.