Sign Petition: Ask Morbius to Expand Eng Forum Presence

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
In summary, Brewnog wants Morbius to move away from the nuclear forum and into other areas of PF. Morbius seems to agree and says that his knowledge and expertise would be valuable in other areas.
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dear Morbius,

We (the undersigned) want you to get your nuclear arse out of the nuc eng forum every now and then and into some of the other eng forums. We know you're a wise man (and you possibly even have a beard) and we think your knowledge and expertise would be valued in other areas of PF.

Lots of love,

1. brewnog

Everyone else, just, urm, hit reply and add your name!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello brewnog, I am Felixiass,
Morbius Love you forever and for always.

Last edited:
:rofl: When I saw the thread title, I had no idea what you were up to. That's certainly not what I was expecting. :rofl:

Okay, Morbius, spread the brilliance around a bit. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Okay, Morbius, spread the brilliance around a bit. :biggrin:

Cheers, 'bear.

When I saw the thread title, I had no idea what you were up to. That's certainly not what I was expecting.

Did you have anything particular in mind? I'll do requests!

I'm with you, Nogger. I've never been in that forum because it's outside of my knowledge arena, but if you're that gung-ho on him I'd like to see some of his stuff in other areas.

It would be nice to see the "lighter side" every once in a while too.

Hypatia

#7 most definitely ... although reading the nuclear forum posts is nowadays by default uplifting. Should this be moved to the nuclear forum so that the message gets passed :confused: & :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'll sign anything if it'll get me somewhere. :wink:
I don't know Morbius, but it sounds like a good idea. So count me #7.?

I'll post a trick thread in Nuc Eng which should catch his eye... mwhahahahahaha!

Hah, that thread caught my attention before I read this. :rofl: I just saw the title, not the poster, and rolled my eyes feeling sorry for the person unless it was a joke.

brewndog, you're priceless!
this guy NEEDS to move around some... you've made such an effort! i definately add my name.

Take a hike, brewnog. If you want to be silly on General Discussion feel free. But not on a technical board.

Sorry self!

I just know I'm not the only one who thinks that his skills would be valued elsewhere.

Take a hike, brewnog. If you want to be silly on General Discussion feel free. But not on a technical board.

Ok, well if you want to be silly, feel free to move it to GD.

Last edited:
brewnog said:
Ok, well if you want to be silly, feel free to move it to GD.
Definitely eye-catching! Considering that it irreparably wastes 10 seconds of someone's time to follow it, I don't think that I would be terribly irritated if it had turned up in one of the physics areas. (Certainly less so than with some of the real posts I've seen.)

brewnog said:
Dear Morbius,

We (the undersigned) want you to get your nuclear arse out of the nuc eng forum every now and then and into some of the other eng forums. We know you're a wise man (and you possibly even have a beard) and we think your knowledge and expertise would be valued in other areas of PF.

Lots of love,

1. brewnog

brewnog,

Clever! I have to say that your tactic worked - you immediately caught
my attention.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Thank you to the others that replied also.

In the past, I didn't want to stray too far beyond my area of expertise,
however I will take your advice and look forward to visiting some of
the other forums.

In case you are wondering - I don't have a beard.

Thanks again.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

brewnog said:
Dear Morbius,

Lots of love,

1. brewnog

I sign too. Morbius, it is time to go for a walk around here. You have been hidden in your shelter too much time. You should know some PF pretty girls.

Brewnog, we do know you have nothing to do now you are on holidays. Take a book (i.e El Quijote) and spend some benfitial time for your brain instead of going out to parties so often. :biggrin: Caterpillar doesn't forgive you... they are everywhere looking at what the hell you do...

Clausius2 said:
Caterpillar doesn't forgive you... they are everywhere looking at what the hell you do...
Geez, yeah, Brewnog! I forgot all about that. You do know that Bill Gates secretly works for Cat as a spy, don't you? :biggrin:

Morbius seems like a nice guy but has he a hidden agenda :smile:

At first,I thought 1 of the crazy LFC's fan wanted members to sign a
petition for Liverpool. :rofl:
anyway,I wanted Morbius to spend most of his time in Nuclear engineering forum because I just want to start posting there and I have some questions to ask.you know I was about to ask why nuclear engineering forum isn't so active. :cry:
So that's better to ask Morbius "please,spend more time in PF esp. in nuclear engineering forum."

Regards

Last edited:
Morbius said:
brewnog,

Clever! I have to say that your tactic worked - you immediately caught
my attention.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Thank you to the others that replied also.

In the past, I didn't want to stray too far beyond my area of expertise,
however I will take your advice and look forward to visiting some of
the other forums.

In case you are wondering - I don't have a beard.

Thanks again.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
Doesn't really seem that much to me, as what you mentioned, if you can know how serious people before you are :wink:
You don't have a beard, but I do. Go ahead with the good work,please :wink:--persefone

1. What is the purpose of the petition to ask Morbius to expand their forum presence?

The purpose of this petition is to gather support from the community to urge Morbius, a prominent figure or organization, to increase their presence on the Eng Forum. This could include creating more forum threads, responding to user comments and inquiries, or hosting events and discussions on the forum.

2. How will signing this petition help in expanding Morbius' presence on the Eng Forum?

By signing this petition, you are showing your support and interest in having Morbius become more active on the Eng Forum. This will help demonstrate to Morbius that there is a demand for their presence on the forum and could encourage them to dedicate more time and resources towards engaging with the community on this platform.

3. Is this petition only for current members of the Eng Forum?

No, this petition is open to anyone who supports the goal of expanding Morbius' presence on the Eng Forum. Whether you are a current member or not, your signature can make a difference in showing the importance of this request to Morbius.

4. Is there a deadline for when this petition will be submitted to Morbius?

No, there is no set deadline for this petition. However, the sooner we gather enough signatures, the sooner we can present it to Morbius and hopefully see a positive response from them. Therefore, we encourage you to sign and share this petition as soon as possible.

5. What other ways can I help in expanding Morbius' presence on the Eng Forum?

In addition to signing this petition, you can also help by actively engaging with Morbius on the Eng Forum and showing your support for their presence. This could include commenting on their threads, participating in discussions, and sharing their content with others. You can also reach out to Morbius directly and express your interest in seeing them expand their forum presence.