1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please suggest me a book to study for national and international physics olympiad

1. Oct 30, 2014 #1
    I want to prepare for upcoming national and international physics olympiad and i have about two months to do so. Can anyone suggest me a book topicwise or for complete physics. Thank You !

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2014 #2

A.T.

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get the olympiad problems from previous years. They are usually online with solutions. For example here:
    http://www.aapt.org/physicsteam/2015/exams.cfm

4. Oct 30, 2014 #3
    What about the theory ? How shall i prepare for that ?

5. Oct 30, 2014 #4

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

What particular aspects of theory are you concerned about? "The theory" of physics is a very broad topic; you're not going to find a single book that covers everything.

6. Oct 31, 2014 #5
    That is what i mean. If you could suggest any book for classical mechanics and electricity and magnetism which includes theory as well as good problems.
    Also i am using Sears and Zemansky's University physics with modern physics, would that be sufficient.

7. Oct 31, 2014 #6

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I've always liked the Feynman Lectures on Physics; it's very comprehensive (I said no single book can cover everything, but this probably comes pretty close). The print book version is not cheap, but there's an online version now:

http://www.feynmanlectures.info/

I'm not familiar with it so I can't say.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted