1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pllllllz help me ineed to hand it today

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    plz help how can i solve these qustion i should send it to the prof today

1)a ball was thrown horizontally with an initial velocity of 20 m/s from the edge of a building of a certain high. the ball lands at a horizontal distance of 82.0m from the base of the building. What is the height of the building?

2)a bullet is fired from ground level with a speed of 150 m\s at an angle 30 degrees above the horizontal at a location where g=10.0m/ss. what is the vertical component of its velocity when it is at the highest point of it trajectory

3)a person throws a ball horizontally from the top of a building that is 40m high. the initial velocity of the ball is 100 m/s. what is the horizontal distance that the ball travels before hitting the ground.?

4)in a relay race, a runner A is carrying the baton and has a speed of 3.40m/s. when he is 25.0 m behind the starting line, runner B starts from rest to accelerate at 0.140 m/ss. how long afterwards will A catch up with B to pass the baton to B?

5)a boy jumps at a speed of 20 m/s at an angle of 25.0 degrees above horizontal. what is the horizontal component of the boys velocity.?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted