Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plotting 3d graphs

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    Is there any good software which plots 3d graphs and vectors. I just want to plot linear 3d graphs and vectors in 3d. I don't mind paying for this but it should be reliable and easy to use.

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2
    On MACs, there should be a decent one in Applications -> Utilities -> Grapher.

4. May 9, 2012 #3
    Sorry but I don't have a Mac

5. May 9, 2012 #4
    Depending on how much you mind paying. Mathematica is top of the line but has a hefty price tag, and can be a bit cumbersome. If you want something that is free, a little more user friendly, but much less "elegant." Winplot is good.

On a side note, many college campuses have Mathematica in certain labs, that's where I use it And if you do decide to go with mathematica and need some help operating it, let me know, and I can send you some useful demos.

Hope this helps.

6. May 10, 2012 #5

fedaykin

Gold Member

I don't know if it can do vectors, but Microsoft mathematics is free now. It can do equations, inequalities, parametrics, and tables.

7. May 10, 2012 #6
    Also Maxima... It uses various GNU plotting software.

8. May 10, 2012 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook