1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plotting 3d graphs

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    Is there any good software which plots 3d graphs and vectors. I just want to plot linear 3d graphs and vectors in 3d. I don't mind paying for this but it should be reliable and easy to use.

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2
    On MACs, there should be a decent one in Applications -> Utilities -> Grapher.

4. May 9, 2012 #3
    Sorry but I don't have a Mac

5. May 9, 2012 #4
    Depending on how much you mind paying. Mathematica is top of the line but has a hefty price tag, and can be a bit cumbersome. If you want something that is free, a little more user friendly, but much less "elegant." Winplot is good.

On a side note, many college campuses have Mathematica in certain labs, that's where I use it And if you do decide to go with mathematica and need some help operating it, let me know, and I can send you some useful demos.

Hope this helps.

6. May 10, 2012 #5

fedaykin

Gold Member

I don't know if it can do vectors, but Microsoft mathematics is free now. It can do equations, inequalities, parametrics, and tables.

7. May 10, 2012 #6
    Also Maxima... It uses various GNU plotting software.

8. May 10, 2012 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook