Plumber without thermodynamics

In summary, the conversation discusses the level of understanding of thermodynamics required to become a plumber, with one person asking if knowledge of first and second principles of thermodynamics is necessary. They also inquire about the use of diagrams such as pV, pT, and VT in plumbing. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to seek advice on a forum specifically for plumbers.
alex77
Do you need to know thermodynamics to be a great plumber?How much thermodynamics do you need to know?All of it including the first and second principles of thermodynamics?I want to become one and I don't know how much physics is required to become one.Can you help me?
Also are pV,pT and VT diagrams required to learn as a plumber?Will I ever use them?
Thank you for your attention.I'd appreciate advices from you.

Physics news on Phys.org
A plumbers forum would be a better place for this thread. I don’t know what sort of useful advice you could get here for this topic.

We will close this thread. We don’t have the correct expertise to adequately advise you on this topic

What is "Plumber without thermodynamics"?

"Plumber without thermodynamics" refers to a hypothetical scenario where a plumber does not have knowledge of thermodynamics, which is the branch of science that deals with the relationship between heat and other forms of energy.

Why is thermodynamics important for plumbers?

Thermodynamics is important for plumbers because it helps them understand how heat and energy move through pipes and systems, which is essential for properly designing and repairing plumbing systems.

What are some examples of thermodynamics in plumbing?

Examples of thermodynamics in plumbing include understanding the principles of heat transfer, such as conduction, convection, and radiation, and how they affect the flow of water and the efficiency of heating systems.

Can plumbers be successful without knowledge of thermodynamics?

It is possible for plumbers to be successful without extensive knowledge of thermodynamics, but having a basic understanding of the principles can greatly improve their skills and ability to troubleshoot and solve complex plumbing issues.

How can plumbers learn about thermodynamics?

Plumbers can learn about thermodynamics through formal education, such as taking courses in physics or thermodynamics, or through on-the-job training and experience. There are also many resources available online and in books that can provide a basic understanding of the subject.