Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plus Uno

1. May 12, 2016 #1
    Hey all! I finally decided to code a puzzle kind-of game I came up with a few weeks ago and I would love it if you tried it. Let me know what you think ;) (It's hosted in my github page):

http://marioqwe.github.io/

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Nice game. It took a bit of playing to figure out the rules from what you described.

Are you going to share the source code? or what language its written in?

4. May 12, 2016 #3

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

@Marioqwe Your game is as entertaining as 2048! :smile:

5. May 12, 2016 #4
  6. May 12, 2016 #5

jedishrfu

Have you looked at Elm programming? It would be interesting to see how streamlined your game would be in Elm's terse style.

Elm is a functional reactive programming language that compiles to javascript+html+css

www.elm-lang.org and www.elm-tutorial.org

Also @Borg should see this too.

7. May 12, 2016 #6
    I had never heard of it and it actually looks pretty cool. I'll certainly play around with it sometime.

8. May 12, 2016 #7

jedishrfu

There's a youtube video to watch by Evan Czapick, Wlm's creatori:

The coolest feature is the Time Traveling debugger where you can replay your interactions with the Elm program and then correct things as needed.

9. May 12, 2016 #8

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll have to see if I have some time tomorrow or this weekend.

10. May 12, 2016 #9
    I'm gonna check that out to, i really want to learn for to script. Its actually what i want to become in the future (game developer). Already starting to learn on a website called "code academy". If you know another sites that are for learning scripting PLS MESSAGE ME IT, Thanks o0).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted