Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plus Uno

1. May 12, 2016 #1
    Hey all! I finally decided to code a puzzle kind-of game I came up with a few weeks ago and I would love it if you tried it. Let me know what you think ;) (It's hosted in my github page):

http://marioqwe.github.io/

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Nice game. It took a bit of playing to figure out the rules from what you described.

Are you going to share the source code? or what language its written in?

4. May 12, 2016 #3

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member

@Marioqwe Your game is as entertaining as 2048! :smile:

5. May 12, 2016 #4
  6. May 12, 2016 #5

jedishrfu

Have you looked at Elm programming? It would be interesting to see how streamlined your game would be in Elm's terse style.

Elm is a functional reactive programming language that compiles to javascript+html+css

www.elm-lang.org and www.elm-tutorial.org

Also @Borg should see this too.

7. May 12, 2016 #6
    I had never heard of it and it actually looks pretty cool. I'll certainly play around with it sometime.

8. May 12, 2016 #7

jedishrfu

There's a youtube video to watch by Evan Czapick, Wlm's creatori:

The coolest feature is the Time Traveling debugger where you can replay your interactions with the Elm program and then correct things as needed.

9. May 12, 2016 #8

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

I'll have to see if I have some time tomorrow or this weekend.

10. May 12, 2016 #9
    I'm gonna check that out to, i really want to learn for to script. Its actually what i want to become in the future (game developer). Already starting to learn on a website called "code academy". If you know another sites that are for learning scripting PLS MESSAGE ME IT, Thanks o0).

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted