Applying Symmetry in Poisson Superfish for Cylindrically Symmetric RF Problems

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Poisson Superfish in solving cylindrically symmetric rf problems and whether it applies median-plane symmetry. The person is unsure if this symmetry is actually incorporated in the program, but notes that some example geometries only specify half of the cavity. They question if this is a shortcut that still produces the same result due to the symmetry plane.
Nobdy
Does Poisson Superfish apply median-plane symmetry to cylindrically symmetric rf problems (or can it do so)?

When I was introduced to the program, I was told that this symmetry was incorporated, but I've not seen anything in the documentation supporting that assertion. On the other hand, a number of the example geometries I've seen for rf problems do specify only half of the overall cavity in the input file for Automesh; am I to gather that this is just a shortcut, which gives the same result as for the full cavity geometry because the symmetry plane "looks" the same as a metal plate?

Physics news on Phys.org
That is, the Automesh algorithm takes advantage of the symmetry to reduce the problem size? I'm not sure.

What is Poisson Superfish Symmetries?

Poisson Superfish Symmetries is a mathematical concept that describes the symmetries of a Poisson superalgebra.

What is a Poisson superalgebra?

A Poisson superalgebra is a mathematical structure that combines elements of both algebra and geometry to describe the behavior of systems with both classical and quantum properties.

What are some real-world applications of Poisson Superfish Symmetries?

Poisson Superfish Symmetries has been used in various fields such as physics, chemistry, and engineering, to describe the behavior of complex systems with both classical and quantum properties.

What are the key principles of Poisson Superfish Symmetries?

The key principles of Poisson Superfish Symmetries include the Poisson bracket, which describes the behavior of a system under symmetries, and the superalgebra, which combines elements of both algebra and geometry to describe the symmetries of a system.

How is Poisson Superfish Symmetries different from other symmetry concepts?

Poisson Superfish Symmetries is unique in that it combines elements of both algebra and geometry to describe the symmetries of a system with both classical and quantum properties, making it applicable to a wide range of fields and systems.