Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Poland vs Ecuador

1. Jun 9, 2006 #1
    Another euro vs central american matchup. Results should be the same as the previous game.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2006 #2
    wow, ecuador up 1-0 off a cross-header

4. Jun 9, 2006 #3
    Ecuador look very tasty going forward

5. Jun 9, 2006 #4

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And they're goint to be able to keep pace well into the game since they live and train at altitude. This is looking like the first (minor) upset of the cup.

6. Jun 9, 2006 #5
    really??? In midfield Poland are beating them, but upfront they are still the best side..

Edit:Miss-read your post... yeh you are right!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  7. Jun 9, 2006 #6
    Do you guys know any website out there that I can download the goals from?
    One of them is soccerclips.net, but videos don't appear at instant,

8. Jun 9, 2006 #7
    gggggggggooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Ok I know enough...

Equador will win this group, Poland second Germany third.

My reasoning.. Equador are very good on the counter, Poland are very strong at the back. I dont think Germany will score heavy against Poland and Poland will score against them easy enough.. Equador are strong enough at the back to keep out germany, and are excelent at the counter...

;)

9. Jun 9, 2006 #8
    Poland woke up in the final minutes..

10. Jun 9, 2006 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

No luck for Poland in this game.

11. Jun 9, 2006 #10
    How do you people know all this stuff?
    What channel is that?

12. Jun 9, 2006 #11
    I live in Europe, most channels have the football.. To be exact I watched the Poland game on kanaal twee and the German game on BBC...

Sorry u arent able to watch it.. Go down to your nearest pub :)

13. Jun 9, 2006 #12
    In the US the games are on ESPN 2

14. Jun 9, 2006 #13

-Job-

Science Advisor

Poland were very bad, i thought. Disorganized and without ideas, but credit to Ecuador's defense.
    I don't believe Poland will beat Germany, even if Germany's defense is weaker than that which Ecuador put out today, since Poland play a similar style to Germany. On the other hand i wouldn't be surprised to see Ecuador upset Germany.
    I'm watching the games on ESPN2 and Univision. Univision is actually playing every single match (ESPN2 isn't playing England-Paraguay but Univision is), but you have to be willing to put up with all the hysteria. :smile:

15. Jun 10, 2006 #14
    Honestly Equador beating Germany would be an upset. Most pundits here belive this is the worst German team for a long time, they dont deseve those 3 Stars!

IMO Poland were very well organsised at the back, I know this seems ironic because 2 goals were scored against them, but this (Equador) is the country that came third to Argentina and Brasil in the south American Group Zone. They even stuffed Argentina 2:0 in June Last Year.

Poland are beter defensively than DE, but probably lack a bit up front. However as we saw in the closing minutes they can attack. Poland have it right at the back Germany dont, this is why I see them beating Germany.

16. Jun 10, 2006 #15
    OK, I could not stay awake to watch Poland and Equador but the results were exactly what I had expected!! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?