Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Polarity of Time

1. Nov 6, 2003 #1
    It has occurred to me that relativity requires two directions of time.

Time is a measure of motion, like temperature. It is the entity moving against the scale of context. If we change the context, such as gravitationally, then the measure of time changes.

Space is relative, so that we measure the motion of objects relative to other objects. As any two objects have the opposite effect on each other, whether attraction or repulsion and the context of any one object consists of all others affecting it, than context constitutes an opposing direction to the object.

Consider a factory; The product moves from initiation to completion, but the future for the factory isn't with the completed product, but those yet to be produced.

Life is the same way. The individual goes from birth to death, while the process of life goes in the other direction, on to birth of the next generation, away from the dead, shedding it like old skin.

Which is first, the past, or future? For the entity, past events proceed succeeding ones, but the events themselves are first in the future, then in the past.

Everything can be thought of as either entity or process. Such as the factory being an entity within the larger context of the economy.

Energy expands. Matter contracts. Einstein's single direction of time is that of the entity and he was concerned that gravity would cause the universe to collapse to a point. Hence the cosmological constant. What I've never understood is that as gravity causes matter to collapse, this process is constantly radiating energy. If gravity causes space to collapse , then it would seem rather likely that radiation would cause it to expand.

So as the material form collapses, entropically and gravitationally, the constituant energy is expanding out to start forming the next generation of form.

Reality is energy recording information. Objective reality is the energy, which is what we perceive as the present. Subjective reality is our passage through context, therefore past and future are subjective creations, which cannot physically exist, because the energy required to form them is manifesting the present.

As this energy is moving about at light speed, we cannot register it at that rate and if we could, it would be just pure light, therefore we quantify it into packets called thoughts. When we are young, it takes a lot of energy to form each thought and so time travels slowly. As we grow older, it takes less energy to form additional thoughts, so time speeds up. It is these quanta of thought that create the subjective impression of the present as a frozen moment.

I find this ties in with complexity theory, in that what we conceive of as the past is order and as the future is chaos The order of the past defining the chaos of the future is the subjective reductionistic top down direction and the energy of the future potential animating the order of the past is the bottom up, grass roots direction. Time itself is the ultimate phase transition.

While this may seem simple to me, I can not seem to get much feedback on it.

John Brodix Merryman Jr.
    Sparks, Md.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted