Police officers looting caught on tape

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
In summary: The problem is that the criminals aren't just criminals, they're looters.In summary, the situation in New Orleans is dire, and the police are struggling to enforce the law. The situation is made worse by the fact that many of the criminals are looters, who are taking advantage of the situation.
kant
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart [Broken]

What is the deal with looters and shoes? haha..

I don t think i will be willing to share my home with any of these people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can only imagin how much value a DRY pair of shoes would hold. While its still "shame" on them for doing it, I would be more upset if they had been taking TV's.

Perhaps the demand overwhelms the supply.

The first time I saw that, I was pretty disgusted.

Actually, the police trying to enforce the law aren't just commuting into and out of New Orleans. They're living in similar conditions as everyone else in New Orleans - no electricity, no food, no water, no clean clothes.

I still think after this is over that they should be fired, but the police department might not get that chance. Quite a few that could get out, quit. The situation was too much for them. It's a really bad situation in New Orleans and I'm not sure much going on there can be put into any sort of context.

I still think after this is over that they should be fired, but the police department might not get that chance. Quite a few that could get out, quit. The situation was too much for them. It's a really bad situation in New Orleans and I'm not sure much going on there can be put into any sort of context.

What context? they are stealing shoes..etc? Do you really think these people need ten pairs of shoes? I am still wearing my shoes, and i bought them three years ago. These are simply unacceptable behaviors. They should be lock in a cave for their lack of civility.

kant said:
Do you really think these people need ten pairs of shoes? I am still wearing my shoes, and i bought them three years ago.

I'm sure many women will object to such statements! lol :D

But cave... no... jail, yes

kant said:
What context? they are stealing shoes..etc? Do you really think these people need ten pairs of shoes? I am still wearing my shoes, and i bought them three years ago. These are simply unacceptable behaviors. They should be lock in a cave for their lack of civility.
Good shoes, eh? How well do they hold up wading around in flood water for a few days?

I think they have to be fired, but I'm not even sure about that. Firing them is based on the fact that if the police resort to looting, then things have sunk to the point of hopelessness. Pretending the police didn't have to resort to looting for food and water may just be denying how bad the situation in New Orleans has been.

I don't think I'd be pressing criminal charges against very many people for the non-violent offenses. As flat out idiotic as stealing a TV in a flooded city with no electricity might be, I don't even think those offenses would be worth prosecuting.

What is the definition of police officer looting?

Police officer looting refers to the act of law enforcement officers stealing or taking goods, money, or other valuable items without permission or justification.

Why is it concerning when police officers are caught looting?

It is concerning when police officers are caught looting because it goes against their duty to uphold the law and protect the community. It also erodes trust in law enforcement and can lead to further tension and mistrust between the police and the public.

How common is police officer looting?

There is no definitive data on the frequency of police officer looting, but it is a known issue that has been documented in various incidents and protests. It is important to note that the actions of a few individuals do not represent all police officers.

What are the consequences for police officers caught looting?

The consequences for police officers caught looting vary depending on the jurisdiction and circumstances. They may face criminal charges, disciplinary action from their department, and possible termination of their employment.

What steps can be taken to prevent police officer looting?

To prevent police officer looting, there should be clear policies and training on ethical conduct and consequences for misconduct. Additionally, there should be accountability and oversight measures in place to ensure that officers are following these guidelines. Community engagement and trust-building efforts can also help to reduce incidents of looting by police officers.